M
Morgn
Guest
I’m in a bit of a unique, difficult situation, and I’d like to hear someone else speak their mind on what I should do or how I should act. My girlfriend and I are completely in love with one another, and we are entirely committed and devoted to each other. While we’re not technically engaged, we’ve promised to marry, and there is no question as to whether either of us will break that promise - we have full faith and trust in one another’s love, that’s how deeply it goes. However, due to her studies at college and her parent’s wishes, we wouldn’t be able to marry for likely another 6 years, which both of us view as a tragedy. In the meantime, she’ll be proceeding with completing her undergraduate studies and enrolling in graduate school, and I’ll be completing my undergraduate studies and entering the military for 3-5 years. While we realize this is the best (actually, only available) course of action, to complete our work and get married afterwards, we’re both in an incredible amount of emotional pain over our separation and the long wait. My asking of advice ultimately revolves around the proper conduct of romance during this time period before marriage. Both of us completely refuse to ever engage in fornication or overt sexual acts, either with another person or each other, and I have no desire to engage in, or have any addiction to, pornography, masturbation, etc. However, the thought of not being able to show any affection towards one another for such a long period of time is extremely painful too. I’m not one to condone mental sexual fantasies, but is it sinful, in our circumstances, to at least kiss/makeout, cuddle/spoon, pet, etc.? I’d marry this woman tomorrow if I had the opportunity, but circumstances dictate otherwise. Before you rush to a conclusion, please remember that we’ve made a PLEDGE to marry one another - this is not your average boyfriend/girlfriend get-together. And I’m in an enormous amount of pain even when I don’t get to see her in a day - let alone the months and years I won’t be able to see her in the military. I’d appreciate your thoughts on this matter. Thank you!
