Aso says elderly should be allowed to 'hurry up and die'

  • Thread starter Thread starter roselily
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ll have to forgive the crudeness of the argument but the truth of the matter is that Social Security was designed so that you, me, and everyone else would be dead long before we collected everything we contributed over the years. Adding more people doesn’t solve the problem because it was never designed or intended to support a large elderly population as a source of income for 20-30 years. We don’t collect taxes in a way that makes it feasible.
All the more reason why people should be saving for their own retirement rather than having the government do it for them. The government does not have the ability to save.
 
You’ll have to forgive the crudeness of the argument but the truth of the matter is that Social Security was designed so that you, me, and everyone else would be dead long before we collected everything we contributed over the years. Adding more people doesn’t solve the problem because it was never designed or intended to support a large elderly population as a source of income for 20-30 years. We don’t collect taxes in a way that makes it feasible.
It’s not our generation that is underpopulated, it’s our children and grandchildren’s generation that is underpopulated. For example, out of 4 siblings we have only produced 4 grandchildren. There should have been many more than these, even though I had no children. We are not replacing our population, we are decimating it, therefore, there aren’t enough people supporting SS for the existing population of retirees. That’s who Aso wants to bump off–not HIS generation, but MY generation so that his generation doesn’t have to pay for ours–his own parents and grandparents. Disgusting.
 
I wonder how old the guy is who said they have a duty to die is?
This statement came originally from the Governor of Colorado back in the 70’s, I think. So he would not be young now, if he is still with us. Maybe someone else can think of his name.
 
This statement came originally from the Governor of Colorado back in the 70’s, I think. So he would not be young now, if he is still with us. Maybe someone else can think of his name.
Dick Lamm,yes he is still here…:rolleyes:
 
The way out of financial difficulties is a financial solution not euthansia or outright suicide of the oldest generation. Let people opt out of SS and invest in other financial securities, such as insurance, etc. There’s no need to tell people over 50 they are a burden and so should rid the world of their presence. That idea is pure evil. Isn’t it bad enough that we have determined that the child in the womb is a mere commodity? This is where that kind thinking has led us. Well, I’m not letting anyone “put me down” just so they can own another color TV. :rolleyes: :mad:
 
It’s in Japan’s history, Europe was lucky they had a bit of a distant cousin in America to shore it up after World War II, Japan was so brutal to China, Phillipines, South East Asia, etc. I think we can see by history there were repercussions decades after World War II. We are really struggling with their isolated mentality even today.
 
And why are the costs so prohibitive? Because there aren’t enough children of the older generation to pay for the costs. We who are over 60 aborted and contracepted those who would have paid for our needs as we grew old. It’s why the next generation is pushing euthanasia–because they are overburdened with the number of elderly compared with their numbers. The question then becomes does this justify killing off people and denying them health care merely because of the cost to those who don’t want to pay for it?

It’s now obvious that by killing off our children we were sitting ourselves up to be the victims to those who survived the abortion/contraception holocaust who we infected with the same selfish idea that having children would somehow make our lives less good translated into having to support these old, useless people will ruin our lives. It’s come back to bite us in the butt.

I can tell you that I never had that attitude, but I was unable to have children in my marriage. No matter, someone in my family will probably want to bump me off for my own good. Isn’t that a lovely prospect for us older people to look forward to? :sad_bye:
One of the greatest posts I have ever read. So true.
 
Or maybe the problem is the government with its hand in the cookie jar.
That’s it, right there. I remember as far back as the 1970’s that Congress kept “borrowing” money from the Social Security fund for this and that, which they of course peed away and never had any intention of repaying; this went on for decades, until the fund was just about broke.

If any private business had employees that handled the company’s funds the way that Washington handles our tax dollars, they would have been fired and thrown into the street long, long ago, if not prosecuted and imprisoned. It is nothing but blatant incompetance mixed with more than a smidgen of larceny.

The simple truth is that Washington has proven that they are not responsible enough to manage our money. Now, in the private sector, what you do is fire the incompetant employees; in the case of your kids, you cut them off: no more credit card, no more allowance. Go get a job and pay this off. When you grow up enough to know how to handle money, maybe we’ll trust you again a little bit.

But Washington has manipulated the system to ensure that we can’t cut them off; if we do, we go to jail, even though they’re the ones who shouldn’t be handling the money to begin with. And they’ve also manipulated the system to make sure that they, and only they, stay in power virtually forever; they won’t allow anyone else to have a chance at getting elected. Our elections are futile—the only ones who will ever have a realistic chance of getting elected are members of the one, two-party branched, corrupt political machine: the Republicrats and the Democricans, and there isn’t a nickel’s worth of difference between the two of them.

So, boyzen girlz, like it or not, I really only see two ways of this situation ever changing: economic collapse followed by national disintegration; or armed revolution coupled with a military coup.

Take your choice. Personally, I’d favor the coup—the personnel in our military at least have some standards, and I’d trust them a helluva lot farther than I trust the current Washington Idiot Corps.
 
Aso is 72 years old himself. And some of the oldest persons in the world are the Okinawans, Japanese from that island.
Okinawa, an island of Japan, is famous for its high number of citizens over 100 years old. Okinawans live the longest and have the least amount illness and disability. Compared with Americans, as Okinawans age they have significantly less heart disease, dementia, hip fractures and several types of cancer. Diet is considered the key to Okinawan’s longer lives.
 
I read,
TOKYO —
Finance Minister Taro Aso said Monday the elderly should be allowed to “hurry up and die” instead of costing the government money for life-prolonging medical care.
Look at elders! For elders there are wisdoms, knowledges, - you can read young people killing in many places now adays, and that never see an old grandma or grandpa holding a gun to kill innocent people. Because they know more about good and righteousness. Consider what must be so needed that good elders in this world to be held high, loved, respected, and took good cared, they can teach more goodness, they are precious Jewels for all countries on earth. I believe elders will be held high even in God new earth and new heavens, I thought that they will have strong young body again and full of wisdom and happiness.

Ah, Brothers sisters! In Bible many places taught us to love and respect elders, and good elders should be held as leaders to teach us.

I read,

**“Titus 1
5 I left you behind in Crete for this reason, that you should put in order what remained to be done, and should appoint elders in every town, as I directed you:” **

And more,
 
Én 59 éves, de sajnos nagyon mély gödör. Létezik még segítség, aki képes arra, hogy ledobjon egy szalmaszálat, hogy segítsen kijutni a pokolból?
 
Look at elders! For elders there are wisdoms, knowledges, - you can read young people killing in many places now adays, and that never see an old grandma or grandpa holding a gun to kill innocent people. Because they know more about good and righteousness. Consider what must be so needed that good elders in this world to be held high, loved, respected, and took good cared, they can teach more goodness, they are precious Jewels for all countries on earth. I believe elders will be held high even in God new earth and new heavens, I thought that they will have strong young body again and full of wisdom and happiness.

Ah, Brothers sisters! In Bible many places taught us to love and respect elders, and good elders should be held as leaders to teach us.

I read,

**“Titus 1
5 I left you behind in Crete for this reason, that you should put in order what remained to be done, and should appoint elders in every town, as I directed you:” **

And more,
I went to Mass today, I listened and just found that these words are in today Mass readings. -**“Titus 1
5 I left you behind in Crete for this reason, that you should put in order what remained to be done, and should appoint elders in every town, as I directed you:” **-
 
What you are really talking about are unfunded liabilities decades away. Suggesting that more people paying into the system could have solved it ignores the fact that, eventually, they too would withdrawal from it. An extra generation could just as easily have contributed to that problem and there’s no point in speculating on what might have been. At best, it pushes the problem down the road and doesn’t solve anything. The problem isn’t that there aren’t enough people paying into the system; the problem is that the people we do have in society are living longer and aren’t paying enough.
Used to be we had more people working per retiree than we do now, and the reason we have fewer workers per retiree is abc and abortion. So having more people would not be pushing the problem down the road; it would be having more workers supporting each retiree, enough to support them without going into debt to do it.

And the liabilities are not decades away: the Baby Boomers are retiring already; and the problem will be worse in 1925, 12 years away.

Of course, we have additional problems with rising unemployment (hidden by shifting long-term unemployed to the non-working category, and the simulateous increase in the number of people being supported by our taxes (government employees and those in need who are on various government programs).

Yeah, we’re really gonna regret abc and abortion pretty soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top