At Least Three Dead, Several Injured After Knife Attack In French City Of Nice

• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and that’s why colonialization might be good some times, if one does have ferocious opponents who would colonize one or take one over.

I’d note, forced mass relocations of populations as in the Soviet Union such as was done with those from Chechnya hardly seems like an attractive alternative. Other populations were likewise affected.

Last edited:
I have seen 2 French-languaged movies on migrants and their path that were sympathetic to the migrants coming from places like Congo, DR Congo. I think some immigrants can fit in, we even have some Congolese here. But it can not be letting in people willy-nilly. We had some sort of Liberian soccer/football game. It’s unbelievable that gunshots ended up at that game… so even leaving out “religion” in this case, there appear reasons to be careful.

Yes, unfortunately, I have to say, religion in this is a troubling topic.

I do think the national character of a nation does have to be looked at and not just tossing it away.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Obviously not all immigrants are killers but they need to be vetted.
Thus, brexit.
I am the child of immigrants and I married an immigrant, but they were all legal and carefully vetted all the way.

Last edited:
Yes, made French and Polish migrants wielding axes are something we all have to be careful of the UK. Brexit was driven by people who hadn’t got a clue about the issues involved and who are now in many case regretting voting for it.
[/quote]

You are disingenuous perhaps? About the French and Poles?
You don’t think Islamist terror attacks have anything to do with Brexit?
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-02-03/uk-to-announce-new-rules-for-militants-after-street-stabbing%3F_amp=true

Last edited:
I’m an immigrant, and the son of immigrants. Pretending all immigrants pose the same level of risk is silly.

Kinda. You can weed out a lot of risk by discriminating from country of origin. Scots and Swedes and Germans have a much lower threat than people from Muslim majority countries.

They made more arrests:

French Catholics on Sunday celebrated the All Saints religious festival under heavy security, as police made two new arrests over an attack on a church in the southern city of Nice blamed on an Islamist knifeman.

Three people were killed in the knife rampage Thursday in the Notre-Dame Basilica that prosecutors say was carried out by a young Tunisian recently arrived in Europe.

It was the latest attack in France to be described by the government as an act of “Islamist” terror, in the wake of the republication of cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed by the Charlie Hebdo weekly in September.
Maybe even more arrests actually.

Get this:
Tunisian suspect in Nice attack was held in 2016 for using knife, official says

I think France is trying to clean things up and thus, go through things like this.

There’s lots of reading that can be done here.

On October 2, the day President Emmanuel Macron unveiled his plan to fight “Islamist separatism” in France, the mayor of the Paris suburb of Trappes, 35-year-old Ali Rabeh, was invited by French broadcaster CNews to discuss Macron’s proposed measures to root out radical Islam from the country’s deprived banlieues.
And talk about Sharia law and so on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back