Atheists Rally Behind New Movie Thriller

  • Thread starter Thread starter _Abyssinia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t heard of that film, but it might be worth watching. I’ll be honest, I haven’t had a good deal of exposure to that era of films.

I think another good example, although not about religion would be the characters Legolas and Gimli in “The Lord of the Rings”. The two come from vastly different cultures and do not care for each other much in the beginning. Later on they become great friends. This is shown in much greater detail in the book than in the movies. I think Gimli got short-changed in the movies as they seemed to use him for comic relief and not much else. I never really thought of those two in this way before, but this conversation sparked that thought.

Okay, back to the topic at hand. The title of the thread says “Atheists rally behind new movie thriller”. This atheist definitely doesn’t rally behind it. I do not feel that it shines a positive light on atheists and that it makes us look bitter and angry. Even if it had nothing to do with religion, I don’t think the plot sounds very good. I definitely won’t be seeing this.

As far as the film losing a good deal of money, I don’t take any joy in that. I don’t wish financial hardship upon anyone. I’ve certainly made a few bad financial decisions in my life and it wasn’t particularly enjoyable.
Well, you can find it on Netflix. Try the films of Gregory Peck. It is based on the book by A.J.Cronin, a popular author of the late '30s and early '40s. Get that on Amazon.
 
What??? A Christian portrayed in a negative light in a hollywood movie? Well i never. This has to be a first…:rolleyes:
 
Didn’t atheists rally behind “The Golden Compass” a few years back?

Movie producers should really ask the atheists not to rally behind their movies. Kiss of death.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top