C
confuzdcatholic
Guest
Hi, I am have been dating the same man for three years. We are completely dedicated to each other and while we are not yet engaged, we plan on getting married in 3-4 years when we are both more financially stable and ready to start a family.
We were in love and dedicated to each other for a while before we started getting sexual, so I know that the physical stuff is not a part of why he loves me or I him. While we have not had sex because I want to save it for marriage, I let what we do do get too far… basically as far as you can go. Recently I decided that we needed to be chaste, and that all that stuff needed to stop. He does not understand why I feel this way because he is an atheist, but he loves me enough that he is willing to try, and he doesn’t want to lose me.
So. What can I do to make this easier for him? How can I help him through this? Like I said he is amazing and wants to stay with me, but I know this is really hard on him especially because we’ve already gone so far, and its harder on him than on me because I have a reason to motivate myself. He is so good about not tempting me or pushing me to do anything, but I know its hard on him, especially when he gets turned on (its only natural) and then is not satisfied… this as many guys know can literally be painful.
I’d really like any advice on this, especially from people in similar Christian/atheist relationships or from guys who know what my bf is physically going through. Thank you.
We were in love and dedicated to each other for a while before we started getting sexual, so I know that the physical stuff is not a part of why he loves me or I him. While we have not had sex because I want to save it for marriage, I let what we do do get too far… basically as far as you can go. Recently I decided that we needed to be chaste, and that all that stuff needed to stop. He does not understand why I feel this way because he is an atheist, but he loves me enough that he is willing to try, and he doesn’t want to lose me.
So. What can I do to make this easier for him? How can I help him through this? Like I said he is amazing and wants to stay with me, but I know this is really hard on him especially because we’ve already gone so far, and its harder on him than on me because I have a reason to motivate myself. He is so good about not tempting me or pushing me to do anything, but I know its hard on him, especially when he gets turned on (its only natural) and then is not satisfied… this as many guys know can literally be painful.
I’d really like any advice on this, especially from people in similar Christian/atheist relationships or from guys who know what my bf is physically going through. Thank you.