Bahá'í

• Thread starter Thread starter Adamski
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’know, before things get too far afield, I wanna address the, “how do you know X is inspired?” issue.

I’ve read widely and done a lot of reading in many, many religious traditions. I can “hear the Voice of God” in the Bhaghavad-Gita, in the Lotus Sutra, in the Tao Te Ching, in the I Ching and Analects of Confucious–and in the writings of Baha’U’llah. (I must admit–the Qu’ran leaves me pretty cold, though some of the Sufi mystics can bring citations therefrom alive for me).
I can really, REALLY relate to this. That is exactly how I felt about the scriptures you mention, it was clear to me that they have truth. In the case of the Quran, most English translations are poor, as they were done by people who don’t understand the content. When you see where Baha’u’llah quotes the Quran, it comes to life, brilliantly, and you get a glimpse of the spirit within it.

Servant19,

This is a common mis-understanding from non-Christians. The Word of God is not contradicting itself. Please read the Haycock commentary below. The Trinity is hard to understand. Jesus the Son, the Father and the Holy Spirit all share the same divine nature but the Father is greater in so far as the Son is man, in his human nature. It’s clear that Christ’s apostles and the Church has understood Christ to be God. There is a short catholic.com tract here worth reading too, if simply for the quotations from the Early Church Fathers on the subject.

Pork
Hi Pork, to external eyes without the aid of commentary there is a contradiction. Now that I have come to understand more clearly the definitions and terms used in the Trinity, it has come to light that there is little difference in understanding with the Bahai view of who Jesus was.

So in response to your query implying that true revelation cannot contradict that Jesus was God, I can tell you that Baha’u’llahs Writings most certainly do not 🙂

So there is no more room to argue, Baha’u’llahs Writings FULFILL the Words of God as made flesh through Jesus 🙂

God bless

Hi Eric,

May I kindly ask why the number of posts warrants closing the thread?
1000 post limit.
Forum rule, not mine.
If it were up to me, I’d let you all go on to 5000 posts. 😃
You can start a sequel thread if you want.

1000 post limit.
Forum rule, not mine.
If it were up to me, I’d let you all go on to 5000 posts. 😃
You can start a sequel thread if you want.
Thanks for the prompt response Eric 🙂

May a Bahai Returns thread lol…I feel rude not to have answered so many questions still 🙂

Hi Pork, to external eyes without the aid of commentary there is a contradiction.
That is why we do not read the Holy Scriptures without commentary. That is exactly the problem with Bible Alone advocates, and if you were in a discussion with Bible Alone supporters, you might have a position that was irrefutable.

However, when you are in dialogue with Catholics, “without the aid of commentary” is a poor position to hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back