A
Abundant
Guest
I have Southern Baptist friend who was baptized as a teenager. A few years ago her husband was baptized into that church and she said that she was “baptized again” because she felt like she had fallen away. I know that we Catholics believe in ONE baptism for the forgiveness of sins, but in reading Acts 19: 1-5, the Bible says that people were first given a baptism of repentance, but then later baptized in the name of Jesus (2 baptisms).
So…Why were they baptized twice? Was John’s Baptism only partial? It says that they were baptized in the name of Jesus (not the trinity) so why do we not use that formula?
I believe in the authority of the Church and what she teaches, but I would like some answers to make me better understand.
Thanks in advance!
So…Why were they baptized twice? Was John’s Baptism only partial? It says that they were baptized in the name of Jesus (not the trinity) so why do we not use that formula?
I believe in the authority of the Church and what she teaches, but I would like some answers to make me better understand.
Thanks in advance!