Beauty and the beast at a wedding!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter katholicchik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never did post an update to this. So cousin wanted me to sing “Tale as Old as Time” the Theme from Beauty and the Beast at her wedding.

At the last minute, her original choice for music became available (our other cousin).

So he and his gf played the song at the wedding.

I wanted to laugh. I wanted to cry. I think I may have done a little of both. Then I drank til the bar turned into a cash bar. LOL. 🤷🤷🤷🤷 Whatever!
 
Oh and I was asked to not sing at all. Despite being very cheerful and ready to play along. So no Ave Maria.

We’re ok. It’s a weird thing. I’m not bothered I swear – find it mostly amusing!😛
 
LOL, I actually have that song (by Celine Dion) on my mp3 player. But, I wouldn’t have it at my wedding. If they like Celine, you could suggest The Prayer which is gorgeous.
 
But…but… this would give you a chance to dress up as your favorite character from the movie!
(Just not as Belle… that would be upstaging the bride)

😉

I’m kidding, I’m kidding!
I actually knew a couple who dressed up as Beauty and the Beast…Her gown was like Belle’s and he put on a beast costume.

BUT, he did this at the reception not at the church and only to dance to that song. They both loved the movie.
 
Our son is getting married in a park in 3 weeks – 2 Catholics intent on ignoring everything the Church teaches about marriage.

Their wedding is Disney themed, Mickey & Minnie cake topper and a Disney cruise for their honeymoon. I dread to think what they are looking at for music (although looking at him you’d expect Metallica rather than Disney).
 
I loathe Disney musicals and while it may appear to be a weird request it’s her wedding her choice. You also have the choice to decline. Are you sure she isn’t trying to get you to decline by the choice of song that way she doesn’t have to ask you not to sing? I’ve heard of much stranger stuff at weddings though. I don’t see the harm in the song. By the way I’ve always been a Billy Idol fan and wanted to have them play “White Wedding” at the reception if I ever got married…but I’m would consider it more of joke not a serious statement.
 
I never did post an update to this. So cousin wanted me to sing “Tale as Old as Time” the Theme from Beauty and the Beast at her wedding.

At the last minute, her original choice for music became available (our other cousin).

So he and his gf played the song at the wedding.

I wanted to laugh. I wanted to cry. I think I may have done a little of both. Then I drank til the bar turned into a cash bar. LOL. 🤷🤷🤷🤷 Whatever!
Too funny! So newlyweds got what they wanted at weird wedding and you got out of having to participate. Sounds like a win-win!
 
Please pray for my four-year-old daughter who will be having open heart surgery October 2nd 2012! thanks!
Praying! May God and all his angels be with her!
 
I just got in my head the first EVER Batman movie, with Jack Nicholson as the Joker, where he’s dancing with the Vicki Vale character… 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top