Being teased in high school

  • Thread starter Thread starter thunder_619
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are NOT a smart person because you have a 3.3 GPA???

I WISH I had had that GPA! I had a 3.2. I also took five college level classes Senior year (two A.P., the rest honors with promises from the teacher that they were college level), and I passed all of them. When I got my two A.P. scores back I got a five out of five on one test and a 4 out of 5 on another.

I’m not saying this to brag, believe me. But you should be proud of your GPA! To be smart doesn’t necessarily mean to be in the National Honor Society, and your GPA is very good indeed.
He has a 3.3 GPA, it wasn’t easy, and he knows how to work hard. He’s going to do well, if he keeps up along the same lines.
 
Gosh, you sound like someone I would have loved to have had as a friend in high school. Of course, I wasn’t one of the “popular” ones, either.

As far as your intelligence goes…I’m trained as a teacher, and I can tell from your writing that you ARE, indeed, intelligent. And also as a teacher, I can tell you that grades and GPAs don’t accurately measure intelligence at all.

If you do decide to have a nose job, please leave some of the “Arab!” I think strong ethnic features from any race are really attractive. Don’t believe me? Look at international models! The most popular are very “ethnic” looking. Seriously, Middle Eastern features are hot.

Thankfully, you’re almost done with high school. I noticed a lot of that stuff you are dealing with goes away soon after graduation, when people realize that they actually have to function in society.

Anyway, if you ever need to talk or anything, feel free to PM me!
 
I’m sorry you are going through this right now. I think you are doing the right thing still trying to make friends at school, but not sucumbing to peer presure to do the wrong sort of things. Hopefully this year, you will meet some new friends but you could also consider trying to make friends in other way. For instance, you could join a youth group at your church or some sort of club that interests you. You could also try getting a small part-time job. My best friend in high school was someone I met at my job. We didn’t even go to the same school. If you attend a high school that is especially cliquey, it can be hard to break into an established clique of friends, however, it is easier when you have something in common. Another thing to be aware of is the fact that there are other kids in the school who might feel just as lonely as you have been feeling and you might be the friend that they need. So, try to be optimistic about this school year. You never know who God is going to bring into your life!

PS- I’m sure you are much more handsome than you feel, but I assure you that God has not created a nose nor any other facial feature that is so unfortunate that it can’t be made up for with a smile and a pleasant demeanor.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top