Bible study - Navarre series, Ignatius NT

  • Thread starter Thread starter jwinch2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is important to note that the Expanded edition is a new work. It can of course stand by itself…but it is a different work than the three or 12 (all are very good). It can be something to get along with the 3 (or 12). I use both.
This is not my experience. The Expanded Edition is a revised work, but largely repeats material from the individual three volumes (although it eliminates redundant notes from the Synoptic gospels). There is additional material in the Expanded Edition, but I found very little substantive material that was deleted from the three volumes that was not also in the Expanded Edition (although sometimes moved around).
 
I don’t think a single volume is likely – the volume on Mark, for example, is about 350 pages long. I suspect that the entire NT series, when completed, will be in the range of 4000-5000 pages; when the OT is added, it will probably encompass 15,000 pages.
Interesting. If you are correct I guess I will end up just getting the series once I am finished with the Ignatius and Navarre Study Bibles. They look great so I definitely don’t want to miss them.

Cheers!
 
I don’t think a single volume is likely – the volume on Mark, for example, is about 350 pages long. I suspect that the entire NT series, when completed, will be in the range of 4000-5000 pages; when the OT is added, it will probably encompass 15,000 pages.
Right …do not wait really. Add it to the other two (but not instead of them…they go nicely together)
 
This is not my experience. The Expanded Edition is a revised work, but largely repeats material from the individual three volumes (although it eliminates redundant notes from the Synoptic gospels). There is additional material in the Expanded Edition, but I found very little substantive material that was deleted from the three volumes that was not also in the Expanded Edition (although sometimes moved around).
Yes it covers the same territory …so of course there will be similar commentary (though perhaps worded differently or with new or different aspects) but it is not a replacement or a repeat of the standard edition. It is a new work as the Publisher will verify. One will find things that are in the standard that are not in the Expanded and in the Expanded that are not in the Standard (CCC, Pope Benedict XVI…focused differently…etc) It can be good to have the three (or 12) and the Expanded. Though of course either one is fine on its own.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top