Bible verses about sadness and hope?

  • Thread starter Thread starter laircy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

laircy

Guest
Long story short, I’m pretty much crying my self to sleep at the moment and it would really help if someone knew any verses that could make me feel better. 😦 Sorry for asking. thank you.
 
Have you prayed the rosary using the sorrowful mysteries? In the Old Testament, God tells the Israelite people (after Moses taken them out of Egypt) that everything will be good as long as they have faith only on Him, God. Fourth sorrowful mystery is about Christ carrying the cross, but he had faith only on the Heavenly Father, therefore the glorious mysteries.
 
Long story short, I’m pretty much crying my self to sleep at the moment and it would really help if someone knew any verses that could make me feel better. 😦 Sorry for asking. thank you.
*Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my help and my God. *
Psalm 43:5

The Psalms are filled to the brim with passages for the sorrowful heart.
 
Long story short, I’m pretty much crying my self to sleep at the moment and it would really help if someone knew any verses that could make me feel better. 😦 Sorry for asking. thank you.
I recommend a book called Arise From Darkness by Father Benedict Groeschel.
 
The Book of Lamentations is amazing for that. Lamentations 3, in particular is all about holding strong to hope in time of despair. The message is really clear…life sucks but God is way greater.

I am a man who knows affliction from the rod of his anger,
One whom he has led and forced to walk in darkness, not in the light;
Against me alone he brings back his hand again and again all the day.
He has worn away my flesh and my skin, he has broken my bones;
He has beset me round about with poverty and weariness;
He has left me to dwell in the dark like those long dead.
He has hemmed me in with no escape and weighed me down with chains;
Even when I cry out for help, he stops my prayer;
He has blocked my ways with fitted stones, and turned my paths aside.
A lurking bear he has been to me, a lion in ambush!
He deranged my ways, set me astray, left me desolate.
He bent his bow, and set me up as the target for his arrow.
He pierces my sides with shafts from his quiver.
I have become a laughingstock for all nations, their taunt all the day long;
He has sated me with bitter food, made me drink my fill of wormwood.
He has broken my teeth with gravel, pressed my face in the dust;
My soul is deprived of peace, I have forgotten what happiness is;
I tell myself my future is lost, all that I hoped for from the LORD.
The thought of my homeless poverty is wormwood and gall;
Remembering it over and over leaves my soul downcast within me.
But I will call this to mind, as my reason to have hope:
The favors of the LORD are not exhausted, his mercies are not spent;
They are renewed each morning, so great is his faithfulness.
My portion is the LORD, says my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
 
Long story short, I’m pretty much crying my self to sleep at the moment and it would really help if someone knew any verses that could make me feel better. 😦 Sorry for asking. thank you.
What type of sadness? That would help us find a better passage.
I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

1 Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3 For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah - Psalm 61

1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.

2 I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.
3 He shall send from heaven and save me;
He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah
God shall send forth His mercy and His truth. - Psalm 57
 
“We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O men of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, What shall we eat?' or What shall we drink?’ or `What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek all these things; and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well.”
(Matthew 6:25-33)

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
 
The Joy of the Lord is my strength (Nehemiah 8:10)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippines 4:13)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top