M
mikeledes
Guest
As Catholics, we believe that we presently possess eternal life in the sense that we presenly enjoy a particpation in the very life of God. We are “partakers of the divine nature.” The consummation and confirmation of this life occurs after judgement. We will enjoy eternal life in its fullest sense in the age to come. We are saved, being saved, and will be saved. So we do believe in salvation in the past, present, and future sense.Do you guys disagree these verses are showing salvation in present tense? Oops I forrgot where I was of course you don’t.
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life” (John 3:36).
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” (John 5:24).
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life” (John 6:47).
“Who hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace” (2 Tim. 1:9).
“And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace” (Luke 7:50).
“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost” (Titus 3:5).
“And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son” (I John 5: 11).
God Bless,
Michael