J
jericho777
Guest
I was challenged by a JW about the trinity “how it’s not in the bible”. So I commenced to reading and studying scripture. I had no idea if I could prove it or not but I am now fully convinced about their existence. It truly has made my faith stronger for it. They don’t look at all the verses of scripture and try to reconcile them but rather deny their meaning. Their defense is you want it to mean that and the Watchtower Society says it doesn’t exist besides they have sanitized their scripture.I could never say that the Trinity is “Clearly” in scripture. It isn’t. That is why the Council of Nicaea was called in AD 325 to combat the Arians who used scripture to “prove” there was no Trinity…
A few verses used by the Jehovah Witnesses are John 17:1-3, John 20:17 and Acts 7
John 17:1-3 “After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent”
John 20:17- Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to **my Father **and your Father, **to my God **and your God.’”
A Jehovah Witness will say that even AFTER Jesus was resurrected, Jesus STILL has a God and that we should have that same God.
Another good verse for them is Acts 7:55-56 where Stephen is dying and he is full of the Holy Spirit he looks into heaven and sees Jesus standing at the fight hand of the Father.
Those verses hardly show One God or Three Persons in One God. The Trinity is not clearly in scripture.
The relationship between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit all runs together and they are co equated with each other. In Gen 1:1 where elohim is the plural form of God and Elohim is the third word of the text. Bereshyt bara Elohim. While in Deut 6:4 the shema God is in the plural form but is proclaimed to be as one the singularity of plurality.
You can demonstrate scripture upon scripture to them but unless the Holy Spirit opens their eyes they will be blind.