Biblical verses regarding this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frater_A
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frater_A

Guest
Hello all,

I close friend of mine is having a small issue in his marriage, and asked me if I might know of any Bible quotes that he could cite to his wife concerning the matter.

His wife is an ex-missionary. She has been talking with a male friend (also an ex-missionary) who is being divorced by his wife. My friend feels that this man should be talking to his reverend about these matters, and while he trusts his wife, he doesn’t trust this male friend who is in a vulnerable state at the moment.

He asked me if there were any verses that might speak to the way he feels about this, that he could mention to his wife (who happens to have an encyclopedic knowledge of the Bible).

All help is appreciated! Thanks.
 
It sounds like your friend has already talked to his wife about this, and I am guessing she dismissed his concerns; so he wants to appeal to a higher authority (the Bible).

To me, this is a major red flag and a serious issue. This is an affair waiting to happen if it hasn’t happened already.

I’m not sure a discussion of the Bible with someone who knows the Bible inside and out is going to do any good. Satan knew the scriptures too. This man’s wife is crossing some serious boundaries by getting involved with another man.

But since you asked for Bible verses, here is a suggestion:
Mt 18:15-17 on what to do if your brother sins against you.

He could try meeting a priest together with his wife. Hopefully the priest would caution her against the danger of this situation. Please forgive me if I’m reading too much into this (I tend to do that), but I think your friend needs to take some strong action or he may lose his wife.
 
Sirach 9:11-12
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
11 Many by admiring the beauty of another man’s wife, have become reprobate, for her conversation burneth as fire.
12 Sit not at all with another man’s wife, nor repose upon the bed with her:

Sirach 41:27
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
27 Gaze not upon another man’s wife, and be not inquisitive after his handmaid, and approach not her bed.
 
Hello all,

I close friend of mine is having a small issue in his marriage, and asked me if I might know of any Bible quotes that he could cite to his wife concerning the matter.

His wife is an ex-missionary. She has been talking with a male friend (also an ex-missionary) who is being divorced by his wife. My friend feels that this man should be talking to his reverend about these matters, and while he trusts his wife, he doesn’t trust this male friend who is in a vulnerable state at the moment.

He asked me if there were any verses that might speak to the way he feels about this, that he could mention to his wife (who happens to have an encyclopedic knowledge of the Bible).

All help is appreciated! Thanks.
He needs to remind his wife that, while it is laudable that she is trying to be a friend to this person in his time of need, right now what he needs are male friends and male advisors, and she needs to recommend to him to speak to a priest, and then “be busy” when he calls again. She cannot become his “girl friend,” even in the most platonic sense.

It worries me that her husband’s concern is not enough to awaken her to the situation, though. I know for myself, if my husband doesn’t like a certain client, I do my best to limit the amount of time I spend with him, and I certainly don’t spend time alone with him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top