S
SurlyMermaid
Guest
I’ll try to keep this short:
I barely know my bio dad. He was around until I was about 7. I saw him on and off over the years. I haven’t seen him in four years now. During this time he’s had access to my information and has had many ways of contacting me. To me, he dropped off the face of the earth and I had no way of getting in touch with him.
His sisters contacted me through a social network site. They gave me his new number (he had just gotten in touch with them after a while).
Well, he called me the other day. I had been waiting with baited breath and excited to (possibly) have my bio dad in my life, especially after losing my adopted father (who has also been in and out), all three grandmothers, etc.
He was not interested to hear I have a new baby, or anything about my other children, me, or my husband, or our lives. Being prompted by his live-in and her adult daughter (who lives with them), he cut to the chase: He needs money. I feel stupid for thinking he was interested in talking to me.
So… I am a stay-at-home mom and money’s tight. I do not have money on my own or I would drive the four hours to see him and buy him groceries. I would not give him money (I believe it would go for cigarettes or whatever–I have the gut feeling not to trust his woman or her kids after meeting them four years ago. The adult daughters asked me for money then right off the bat). Hubby says no to any kind of financial assistance and wished me good luck with the situation.
What should I do??? He’s got some mental problems and talking to him is like talking to a preteen. I need some guidance and prayers.
Much abliged!!! :grouphug:
SM
I barely know my bio dad. He was around until I was about 7. I saw him on and off over the years. I haven’t seen him in four years now. During this time he’s had access to my information and has had many ways of contacting me. To me, he dropped off the face of the earth and I had no way of getting in touch with him.
His sisters contacted me through a social network site. They gave me his new number (he had just gotten in touch with them after a while).
Well, he called me the other day. I had been waiting with baited breath and excited to (possibly) have my bio dad in my life, especially after losing my adopted father (who has also been in and out), all three grandmothers, etc.
He was not interested to hear I have a new baby, or anything about my other children, me, or my husband, or our lives. Being prompted by his live-in and her adult daughter (who lives with them), he cut to the chase: He needs money. I feel stupid for thinking he was interested in talking to me.
So… I am a stay-at-home mom and money’s tight. I do not have money on my own or I would drive the four hours to see him and buy him groceries. I would not give him money (I believe it would go for cigarettes or whatever–I have the gut feeling not to trust his woman or her kids after meeting them four years ago. The adult daughters asked me for money then right off the bat). Hubby says no to any kind of financial assistance and wished me good luck with the situation.
What should I do??? He’s got some mental problems and talking to him is like talking to a preteen. I need some guidance and prayers.
Much abliged!!! :grouphug:
SM