T
ThunderFox
Guest
I blasphemed the Holy Ghost a few months ago, and well did i commit an unforgivable act as jesus said? I am sort of concerned. Some sites say it cant happen but what is the catholic stance on it?
The unforgiveable sin is when we believe that God cannot forgive us. He certainly can forgive us when we sincerely ask Him for it.I blasphemed the Holy Ghost a few months ago, and well did i commit an unforgivable act as jesus said? I am sort of concerned. Some sites say it cant happen but what is the catholic stance on it?
Are you sure? I thought that was called scrupulosity? I’m confused now.The unforgiveable sin is when we believe that God cannot forgive us. He certainly can forgive us when we sincerely ask Him for it.
Scrupulosity is when you think certain things are sins when they are not.Are you sure? I thought that was called scrupulosity? I’m confused now.
You need to go to your nearest Catholic Rectory and see a priest. You cannot get either good answers or psychological relief on any internet site for your problem.I blasphemed the Holy Ghost a few months ago, and well did i commit an unforgivable act as jesus said? I am sort of concerned. Some sites say it cant happen but what is the catholic stance on it?
Seems your advice is worth getting online?You need to go to your nearest Catholic Rectory and see a priest. You cannot get either good answers or psychological relief on any internet site for your problem.
You may get an answer that you agree with, but you are just kidding yourself at the peril of your immortal soul!
There are many well meaning people on this site that will answer you out of charity; but, that doesn’t negate the fact that you need to discuss this matter face-to-face with a priest.
Can you show me where presumption is a sin against the Holy Spirit? For that matter, can you prove any of the above items stated are sins against the Holy Spirit? Thanks.If you truly blasphemed against the Holy Spirit, this NEEDS to be confessed.
The six sins against the Holy Spirit are:
Presumption
Despair
Resisting the known truth
Envy of another’s spiritual good
Obstinacy in sin
Final impenitence
In Catholic theology, they are. Scripture does not clarify exactly what “blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” is, so it has been left to the Church to declare. I got that specific list from a (non-schismatic, completely obedient to the Church of today) traditional Catholic site here:Can you show me where presumption is a sin against the Holy Spirit? For that matter, can you prove any of the above items stated are sins against the Holy Spirit? Thanks.