Blue Exorcist

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheLiberator
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn’t post on any forum to become popular, so I wouldn’t even worry about not liking One Piece or any other show. That said, I know the community pretty well there, including the mods, and I don’t think u would be hated by the majority of the posters there as long as u can express your opinions charitably. Like in any forum (especially here on CAF), being charitable in how u express yourself is key. I mean, on my profile there, it’s pretty obvious that I’m a practicing Catholic. I even have the Virgin Mary as my avatar! Yet, I generally have never gotten much heat from any of the members there (except during some of the debates like abortion ^.^). Instead, I’ve befriended a lot of them and have had great conversations with many of them. 🙂
How does that come up on a board about anime?

Yeah, I’m mortified about joining any online community which is in favor of any form of violence, particularly when it involves unborn and embryonic children. And given how debates like that are bound to pop up on forums (like CR, where most people are probably callous when it comes to human life, mainly because their sole exposure to violence has been heavily-stylized), I’m not sure I’d like to join. It would just minimize my ability to enjoy the anime itself.

If you can’t tell, that kind of thing has happened to me before.
 
How does that come up on a board about anime?
Like CAF (and other forums), there are many different sub-forums in which u can talk about different topics. They have an Extended Discussions sub-forum which is primarily used for in-depth discussions about God, religion, abortion, gay marriage, etc…
If you can’t tell, that kind of thing has happened to me before.
I understand, there’s no need for u to join or post in any forum if u are uncomfortable. 🙂
 
I used to be heavily into anime, and I used to rationalize it and attempt to fit it into a Christian box, but I could never really square it, and couldn’t put my finger on why I always thought I was doing something naughty, even when the stuff was ostensibly innocent. This blog writer finally nailed it for me: thwordinc.blogspot.com/2013/12/where-evil-takes-us.html
Great blog post. There hasn’t been an anime I haven’t watched (not a fan, I rather read manga) that fails to mention something sexually immoral, they introduce lust whether by a man drooling for another woman, or a male student with porn magazines, or women showing a lot of cleavage (some moving their chest on purpose), etc. Take Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto, for example. Unfortunately, that is the culture of Japan, it is considered “normal”.

I wouldn’t get too attached to anime nor manga, someday it will lead you to see “more”, and later can become an addiction. You will be attached to earthly things and think you can’t live without it. If the person likes anime, watch it moderately and don’t get too attached to it, create a virtue.
 
Like CAF (and other forums), there are many different sub-forums in which u can talk about different topics. They have an Extended Discussions sub-forum which is primarily used for in-depth discussions about God, religion, abortion, gay marriage, etc…
I understand, there’s no need for u to join or post in any forum if u are uncomfortable. 🙂
Would you say that pro-lifers outweigh pro-aborts there? I can honestly see a lot of anime fans shrugging off abortion because their sole exposure to violence has been through stylized media.

And yeah, the reason I tend to stay off of forums, particularly ones which espouse views I consider morally reprehensible (having looked at pictures of aborted children at a very young age, I could never really see myself becoming “best buds” or even Internet friends with someone who endorses or supports it), is because I want to become a filmmaker and a screenwriter. Many of those types of sites tend to be…well, time-consuming and addictive. They take away valuable time that could be spent making art and allocate it toward bickering over senseless topics. I just don’t see the point of discussing art (particularly anime, which I would barely consider art), particularly when the makers of said art will never read what I have to say. And even then, it seems like a waste of time. The best conversations about art are usually held between friends or actual people, not behind computer screens.

It’s just…I wish we lived in a society where the idea of killing an unborn child (or any child, for that matter), be it through abortion, abortive drugs, “birth control” with abortifacient qualities, for any reason was deemed an ultimate evil which every society on Earth condemned, forbade, and refused to condone. That’ll be the case one day, though. It happened to slavery, one of the most institutionalized evils to ever sweep the world. Why can’t it happen here?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top