R
rben20
Guest
Hello Catholics,
I’ve been reading a lot of the Old Testament lately and I’ve come to question some events I don’t quite understand. Why is it that in the Book of Joshua, Jesue is asked to take two cities, Jericho and Hia by force and bloodshed. I’m not sure why God would want to destroy the cities and kill everyone in the cities. The bible even states women and children were not spared. What for? I just don’t understand the violence.
I’ve been reading a lot of the Old Testament lately and I’ve come to question some events I don’t quite understand. Why is it that in the Book of Joshua, Jesue is asked to take two cities, Jericho and Hia by force and bloodshed. I’m not sure why God would want to destroy the cities and kill everyone in the cities. The bible even states women and children were not spared. What for? I just don’t understand the violence.