B
BeeSweet
Guest
Does anyone have any thoughts on this book? I saw it in Target a couple of days ago. I think the back of the dust jacket noted a good review from the Catholic Register.
What do you mean, her resources? Specifically the Gnostic gospels?Considering what she USED to write, it’s great!![]()
She wrote a whole series of vampire books (somewhat anti-Catholic, at least the one I read). She seems in recent years to have undergone a reversion and probably wrote Christ The Lord as an atonement of sorts.What do you mean, her resources? Specifically the Gnostic gospels?
Oh, I’m quite familiar with her vampire series. She has the strangest cult following in New Orleans, or at least she did when I visited there more than ten years ago. Folks dressed up as vampires pacing thru the French Quarter… it was quite creepy. Dunno if the vampire crowd is still there, they may have melted with all that Katrina water. Oh wait, that’s witches, not vampires…She wrote a whole series of vampire books (somewhat anti-Catholic, at least the one I read). She seems in recent years to have undergone a reversion and probably wrote Christ The Lord as an atonement of sorts.
Hey, let’s remember, he was **fully human **and fully divine. I am sure he noticed cute girls… just noticing them is not sinful.. There is some stuff about how Jesus is supposed to like some girl, but it’s not that bad. I would highly recommend the second book to any Catholic.
So if one has not read the first, would you recommend they read that one first, or not at all?I read Christ the Lord Out of Egypt. I wasn’t very impressed. I thought it was REALLY boring, and the non canonical stuff annoyed me.
BUT I just read the second one, Christ the Lord Road to Cana…and it was GREAT!! I loved it. There is some stuff about how Jesus is supposed to like some girl, but it’s not that bad. I would highly recommend the second book to any Catholic.
Judging by the title of Road to Cana, which refers to the miracle of the wedding at Cana at the beginning of His public ministry I’d guess that it covers the rest of the so-called ‘lost years’ before His baptism by John.So if one has not read the first, would you recommend they read that one first, or not at all?
I’m thinking about getting Road to Cana for my sister in law for Easter. They’re driving in from Austin, and one of their habits is for her to read aloud to my brother on long car rides. I thought it would be a nice gift for them and put the focus back on Christ and away from egg hunts and chocolate bunnies… My brother is non-religious, and she’s a Baptist who’s searching. I’m positive my brother is an Ann Rice fan.
What time frame does Road to Cana cover? Up thru the entrance into Jerusalem, or does it go that far?
Do you think he thought to himself “Wow Dad did a good job in making that one?”Hey, let’s remember, he was **fully human **and fully divine. I am sure he noticed cute girls… just noticing them is not sinful.