Books, Websites for Apologetics

  • Thread starter Thread starter Faith1960
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Faith1960

Guest
Can some of you please refer me to books and websites on Catholic apologetics, particularly information on Catholic dogmas? Thanks!
 
For a list of dogmas this page is useful

Dogmas of the Catholic Church

Mainly taken from Ludwig Ott’s classic. A “De Fide” teaching is the highest level of teaching, explicitly defined by a Council or Pope.

Phil P
 
The Fulton Sheen Audio Library:
fultonsheen.com/Browse_audio_library.cfm

The 1983 Code of Canon Law
ourladyswarriors.org/canon/

Catholic Information Network (has good stuff!)
cin.org/

Catholic Doctrinal Concordance
infpage.com/concordance/

Defending the Faith
cfpeople.org/page51.html

Fish Eaters
fisheaters.com/responses.html

Dietrich von Hildebrand (great late Theologian)
ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=6133&T1=

Scripture Catholic (totally awesome quotes from the Fathers)
scripturecatholic.com/

CCC
scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

NAB
nccbuscc.org/nab/bible/index.htm

DRB
newadvent.org/bible/

Now, this one I post with a disclaimer. I can’t find a Catholic website that has a good bible search engine. Our Protestant bretheren, however, have an awesome bible search website. This is a link to a website of protestant bibles. What I do is go here, search and find the scripture and verse, usually out of the KJV or ASB version, and then go to the NAB or DRB site and find the Catholic version of the scripture and verse:
biblegateway.com/

The New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
 
Sometimes as I read the different post from the different threads of CAF I have a nagging thought that too often we tend to look at doctrines and dogmas but fail to go into a deeper understanding of there full meaning. I especially have this feeling when I see post listing or quoting passages especially from the CCC.

So here is my suggestion for books to read. Anything written by Pope Benedict XVI but in a special way I think the following
seven works are a good beginning:
  1. “What it Means to Be a Christian”
  2. “Christianity and The Crisis of Culture”
  3. “In the Beginning…”
  4. “Mary, The Church at the Source”
  5. “Introduction to Christianity”
  6. “Truth and Tolerance”
  7. “Pilgrim Fellowship of Faith”
As I wrote above, really everything our Holy Father has written is important and should be read and studied even used as meditations. I hope this helps.
 
Now, this one I post with a disclaimer. I can’t find a Catholic website that has a good bible search engine. Our Protestant bretheren, however, have an awesome bible search website. This is a link to a website of protestant bibles. What I do is go here, search and find the scripture and verse, usually out of the KJV or ASB version, and then go to the NAB or DRB site and find the Catholic version of the scripture and verse:
biblegateway.com/
GoldenArrow - Here is the searchable Douay-Rheims site I prefer: drbo.org/ (the search link is in the upper right corner). You can even limit your search by testament. Bible Gateway does have a D-R, but it is without notes.
 
GoldenArrow - Here is the searchable Douay-Rheims site I prefer: drbo.org/ (the search link is in the upper right corner). You can even limit your search by testament. Bible Gateway does have a D-R, but it is without notes.
Thank you! This is awesome.

I have Mozilla Firefox, and I’ve just put this address into it at the top – quick links.

Cool Beans!
 
Here are more cool links

mafg.home.isp-direct.com/que40cvr.htm
The 40 Questions Most Frequently Asked About The Catholic Church By Non-Catholics.

mafg.home.isp-direct.com/cquescvr.htm
Things Catholics are Asked About

Vatican II Documents
stjosef.at/council/

The Roman Theological Forum – for more heavy-duty Catholic topics
rtforum.org/index.html

Good Apologetics links:
mafg.home.isp-direct.com/refrnce.htm

Corunum Apologetics Website
cin.org/users/jgallegos/contents.htm

Apologetics Articles
bringyou.to/apologetics/apolog.htm

Early Church Fathers
ccel.org/fathers2/
 
Of course, there are plenty of resources here at Catholic Answers! But in addition to all the good links already provided to outside sources, here are some others.

EWTN library

Dictionary

For Dave Armstrong, it looks like his blog is the only way to access an index to his writings and resources:
Cor ad cor loquitum

Here is a searchable Greek New Testament:
greekbible.com/

The following Protestant site has a search engine for the Douay-Rheims and the Vulgate as well as many Protestant bibles including the RSV (but not the RSV-CE):
crosswalk.com

I would also point out that there are quite a few members of Catholic Answers Forums who are too shy to post a link to their own great apologetic websites. I may “out” them if they don’t! 😃
 
Thanks to all who responded, I’ve c&p’d the links and am saving them for reference. I knew the posters at CAF would have lots of good links! 👍
 
The following Protestant site has a search engine for the Douay-Rheims and the Vulgate as well as many Protestant bibles including the RSV (but not the RSV-CE):
crosswalk.com
Just wanted to point out that the above version of the Vulgate (probably the Beuron/Stuttgart Bible Societies text, and available in many places on the web) has no punctuation and some textual variations from the older Clementine Vulgate which is available here:
vulsearch.sourceforge.net/html/index.html
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top