F
Faith1960
Guest
Can some of you please refer me to books and websites on Catholic apologetics, particularly information on Catholic dogmas? Thanks!
GoldenArrow - Here is the searchable Douay-Rheims site I prefer: drbo.org/ (the search link is in the upper right corner). You can even limit your search by testament. Bible Gateway does have a D-R, but it is without notes.Now, this one I post with a disclaimer. I can’t find a Catholic website that has a good bible search engine. Our Protestant bretheren, however, have an awesome bible search website. This is a link to a website of protestant bibles. What I do is go here, search and find the scripture and verse, usually out of the KJV or ASB version, and then go to the NAB or DRB site and find the Catholic version of the scripture and verse:
biblegateway.com/
Thank you! This is awesome.GoldenArrow - Here is the searchable Douay-Rheims site I prefer: drbo.org/ (the search link is in the upper right corner). You can even limit your search by testament. Bible Gateway does have a D-R, but it is without notes.
Just wanted to point out that the above version of the Vulgate (probably the Beuron/Stuttgart Bible Societies text, and available in many places on the web) has no punctuation and some textual variations from the older Clementine Vulgate which is available here:The following Protestant site has a search engine for the Douay-Rheims and the Vulgate as well as many Protestant bibles including the RSV (but not the RSV-CE):
crosswalk.com
Multi gratiae! I wasn’t aware of that one.Just wanted to point out that the above version of the Vulgate (probably the Beuron/Stuttgart Bible Societies text, and available in many places on the web) has no punctuation and some textual variations from the older Clementine Vulgate which is available here:
vulsearch.sourceforge.net/html/index.html
This page has a Bible Cheat Sheet that comes in handy:Can some of you please refer me to books and websites on Catholic apologetics, particularly information on Catholic dogmas? Thanks!
LOL. I always like Cheat Sheets if they’re quicker and more to the point.This page has a Bible Cheat Sheet that comes in handy:
geocities.com/thecatholicconvert/index.html
I’ll second Dr. Ott’s book and the Catechism for hardcopy resources.