R
Redratfish
Guest
I have been meaning to ask this for a long time, but I always forget once I get home.
Over the past 2 years at my Church during the Creed, people bow when it is mentioning that Jesus was “concieved by the power of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and became man”.
It started out with a few people doing it, and now the whole Church does it. I have two questions.

Over the past 2 years at my Church during the Creed, people bow when it is mentioning that Jesus was “concieved by the power of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and became man”.
It started out with a few people doing it, and now the whole Church does it. I have two questions.
- Is this proper? Or was is it like the holding hands during the “Our Father”, where it started small and became the norm?
- If it is correct, then what exactly are we bowing for/to? The Holy Spirit? Mary? Jesus? Or all three?