Boxer Can't Tie Condi's Shoes

• Thread starter Thread starter Brad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Mac6yver:
But why would she claim that no one in the administration had claimed that Saddam could have a nuke within 12 months when both she and the President did?
Did the intel suggest as much??

40.png
Mac6yver:
But why would she claim that no one in the administration had claimed that Saddam could have a nuke within 12 months when both she and the President did?
People who spend all of their energy in a game of “Gotcha!” are very tiresome. Does this add to the discussion? No.

What are the issues here? Is Dr Rice competent to do the job? Is she an honest and ethical person? Does she have the best interests of the United States as her first priority?

Whether a specific sentence either misquoted or taken out of context appears to contradict another specific sentence misquoted or taken out of context is really not germane to the discussion. But Mac6ver if that’s the way you want to spend your time I am sure there are reams of documents to review. Report back later!

Lisa N

40.png
mommy:
This is Boxer’s only shot at the National Stage - the occassional attempt at beating up the President and his politics.
Hopefully Californians will rethink their decision next time she up for reelection.

Lisa N:
People who spend all of their energy in a game of “Gotcha!” are very tiresome. Does this add to the discussion? No.

What are the issues here? Is Dr Rice competent to do the job? Is she an honest and ethical person? Does she have the best interests of the United States as her first priority?

Whether a specific sentence either misquoted or taken out of context appears to contradict another specific sentence misquoted or taken out of context is really not germane to the discussion. But Mac6ver if that’s the way you want to spend your time I am sure there are reams of documents to review. Report back later!

Lisa N
Why then did she not say that she had simply been misquoted or taken out of context. The answer is she was neither.

Sen. Biden to Europe: “I have one simple message: Get over it. Get over it. President Bush is our president for the next four years. So get over it and start to act in your interest, Europe.” (at today’s Condi Rice hearing)

40.png
Mac6yver:
You do not seem to be reading what I am writing. I am not complaining about the fact that the war was based on WMD’s and it turned out that there were none. I am complaining about Rice contradicting herself in regards to the nuke capability of Iraq.
You’re wasting your breath…to many here, they believe that George Bush is on a mission from God; and like the Blues Brothers, they arent about to be thwarted by reason…the mentality here is, if someone is pro abortion than they have ZERO to bring to the table of credibility even when they bring up FACTUAL INFORMATION…why, it was even done to YOU…someone felt the need to bring up that you are Agnostic…see? who are YOU… an unwashed unbeliever to question the great God fearing and prayerful George Bush and one his cronies?..Didnt you KNOW that on election night he had an ICON of the BVM sitting on a table as a “secret call sign” to Catholics that he was working for them and therefore God is on his side? YOU have NOTHING to bring to the table…cant you see that? How can YOU have ANY truth since you are still on a journey to see if he exists? Why…you cant even cross a street without a stop light telling you when to cross cause you cant make the proper decision on ANYTHING since you dont know truth yet!

… abortion aside (which has NOTHING to do with what Boxer and Kerry said to Rice)…God bless the both of them…they’re right on the money…but sadly they may have stated their feelings to Rice…they still capitulated and laid down and let yet another one of Shrub’s people get a PASS.

40.png
Mac6yver:
Why then did she not say that she had simply been misquoted or taken out of context. The answer is she was neither.
I hate to pull a Clinton (definition of “is”), but since Boxer is going to engage in gotcha politics…
BOXER: So I want to show you some statements that you made regarding the nuclear threat and the ability of Saddam to attack us. Now, on July 30th, 2003, you were asked by PBS NewsHour’s Gwen Ifill, if you continue to stand by the claims you made about Saddam’s nuclear program in the days and months leading up to the war. In what appears to be an effort to downplay the nuclear weapons scare tactics you used before the war, your answer was, and I quote: It was a case that said he was trying to reconstitute. He’s trying to acquire nuclear weapons. Nobody ever said that it was going to be the next year. So that’s what you said to the American people on television: Nobody ever said it was going to be the next year. Well, that wasn’t true. Because nine months before you said this to the American people, what had George Bush said? President Bush at his speech at the Cincinnati Museum Center: If the Iraqi regime is able to produce, buy or steal an amount of highly enriched uranium a little longer than a single softball, it could have a nuclear weapon in less than a year. So the president tells the people there could be a weapon. Nine months later, you said no one ever said he could have a weapon in a year, when, in fact, the president said it. And here’s the real kicker: On October 10th, '04, on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, three months ago, you were asked about CIA Director Tenet’s remark that prior to the war he had, quote, made it clear to the White House that he thought the nuclear weapons program was much weaker than the program to develop other WMDs. Your response was this: The intelligence assessment was that he was reconstituting his nuclear programs; that left unchecked he would have a nuclear weapon by the end of the year.
RICE: Senator, that was just a question of pointing out to people that there was an uncertainty, that no one was saying that he would have to have a weapon within a year for it to be worth it to go to war.
Learn English: The president said “if”, Rice said no one said “it was going” (i.e. would) and then “left unchecked” (i.e. if).

Her statements are consistent. The attempted gotcha is lame.

God Bless,

Robert.

40.png
Mac6yver:
Here are the facts. Rice first stated that Saddam could not have a Nuke within a years time. Then, months later she changed that statement and said that he could. Then after it was apparent there was no nuke program she stated that no one in the administration claimed he could have a nuke within 12 months time. This of course contradicts what she said, and a speech the president had given in my state of Ohio.
The point of the thread is Rice has integrity and Boxer doesn’t not who said what about this or that. Anyone getting grilled by 5 or 6 heavily informed people out to get her will be painted in contradiction. Noone could escape it. The tragedy is that such a well-intentioned, caring, and bright black woman is being grilled simply because she is in the Bush administration, whereas blacks in the Democrat party get a free pass no matter what they do.

It does provide some humor however. I started counting how many times Kerry said “administration”. He couldn’t stop! It’s like a disease. It was over 10 in less than 5 minutes.

40.png
Mac6yver:
You do not seem to be reading what I am writing. I am not complaining about the fact that the war was based on WMD’s and it turned out that there were none. I am complaining about Rice contradicting herself in regards to the nuke capability of Iraq.
Everyone contradicts themselves. All contradictions are not necessarily the result of incompetence or dishonesty. Most are the result of limited information. Like I said, it wouldn’t take long to dig up dirt on any single person in the United States if the press and politiicans worked full time on it.

Boxer and Kerry just voted against her nomination. Absolutely disgraceful examples of representatives of the United States. This on the heels of Boxer’s pathetic charade protesting the electoral college vote.

40.png
Mac6yver:
The point is that this is not the issue. The Dems are playing ‘gotcha’ and grandstanding. They aren’t fit to WIPE her shoes.

Lisa N

40.png
Brad:
The point of the thread is Rice has integrity and Boxer doesn’t not who said what about this or that. Anyone getting grilled by 5 or 6 heavily informed people out to get her will be painted in contradiction. Noone could escape it. The tragedy is that such a well-intentioned, caring, and bright black woman is being grilled simply because she is in the Bush administration, whereas blacks in the Democrat party get a free pass no matter what they do.

It does provide some humor however. I started counting how many times Kerry said “administration”. He couldn’t stop! It’s like a disease. It was over 10 in less than 5 minutes.
:rotfl: It’s like liberal tourette syndrome.

Faithful 2 Rome:
You’re wasting your breath…to many here, they believe that George Bush is on a mission from God; and like the Blues Brothers, they arent about to be thwarted by reason…the mentality here is, if someone is pro abortion than they have ZERO to bring to the table of credibility even when they bring up FACTUAL INFORMATION…why, it was even done to YOU…someone felt the need to bring up that you are Agnostic…see? who are YOU… an unwashed unbeliever to question the great God fearing and prayerful George Bush and one his cronies?..Didnt you KNOW that on election night he had an ICON of the BVM sitting on a table as a “secret call sign” to Catholics that he was working for them and therefore God is on his side? YOU have NOTHING to bring to the table…cant you see that? How can YOU have ANY truth since you are still on a journey to see if he exists? Why…you cant even cross a street without a stop light telling you when to cross cause you cant make the proper decision on ANYTHING since you dont know truth yet!

… abortion aside (which has NOTHING to do with what Boxer and Kerry said to Rice)…God bless the both of them…they’re right on the money…but sadly they may have stated their feelings to Rice…they still capitulated and laid down and let yet another one of Shrub’s people get a PASS.
Sure - push the killing of babies aside and you’ve got 2 saints. Except of course for the support of the institutionalization of perversion, the killing of the elderly, and getting rid of God and the 10 commandents everywhere… BUT if you get rid of this - you are right - might as well name them Mother Teresa and Saint Francis. Just got to clean up a few minor inconveniences and we will start the beatification.

Faithful 2 Rome:

Sure - push the killing of babies aside and you’ve got 2 saints. Except of course for the support of the institutionalization of perversion, the killing of the elderly, and getting rid of God and the 10 commandents everywhere… BUT if you get rid of this - you are right - might as well name them Mother Teresa and Saint Francis. Just got to clean up a few minor incoveniences and we will start the beatification.

40.png
Brad:
Boxer and Kerry just voted against her nomination. Absolutely disgraceful examples of representatives of the United States. This on the heels of Boxer’s pathetic charade protesting the electoral college vote.
I’d be interested in the Californians on this board weighing in. Is this woman as CLUELESS as she appears to be? “No I’m not an idiot but I play one in the Senate…!!”" Good GRIEF how was she elected? This not only on the heels of the electoral college debacle but her wailing and howling about the recent “Medical Conscious” act once again supporting the crowd that wants women to “kill at will”

A disgrace is a nice way of putting it. As a woman I am embarrassed that THIS is what represents females in politics. Good grief, Boxer, Hillary, Feinstein. Are there any rational women entering the political scene?

Lisa N

Lisa N:
I’d be interested in the Californians on this board weighing in. Is this woman as CLUELESS as she appears to be? “No I’m not an idiot but I play one in the Senate…!!”" Good GRIEF how was she elected? This not only on the heels of the electoral college debacle but her wailing and howling about the recent “Medical Conscious” act once again supporting the crowd that wants women to “kill at will”

A disgrace is a nice way of putting it. As a woman I am embarrassed that THIS is what represents females in politics. Good grief, Boxer, Hillary, Feinstein. Are there any rational women entering the political scene?

Lisa N
Hi Lisa,

She is embarassing, but our state is extremely liberal (and that’s an understatement 😃 ) .

I thought she was vulnerable in the last election, but the Republican challenger, Bill Jones, was ineffective. He was barely visible during the campaign - most people couldn’t have even told you who was running against Boxer. Anyway, she won by a wide margin, so we’ll have to listen to her for another six years. 😦

Get me outta here!!!

God Bless,

Robert.

40.png
rlg94086:
Hi Lisa,

She is embarassing, but our state is extremely liberal (and that’s an understatement 😃 ) .

I thought she was vulnerable in the last election, but the Republican challenger, Bill Jones, was ineffective. He was barely visible during the campaign - most people couldn’t have even told you who was running against Boxer. Anyway, she won by a wide margin, so we’ll have to listen to her for another six years. 😦

Get me outta here!!!

God Bless,

Robert.
Robert I live in Oregon and it’s so left it almost falls into the Pacific. Our Senators are a mixed bag, not as ‘colorful’ to say the least, as those from the Golden State. I think you have the same problem we do, not a lot of active Republicans moving up the ladder. It’s funny because we had many years of prominent Republican senators like Mark Hatfield as well as Republican governors. But there is no legacy.

I am hoping before our next election that we can rally some more Republicans. I understand you have FIVE MORE YEARS of the Boxer Rebellion. YIKES:eek:

I’ll definitely pray for you and your state.

Lisa N

Lisa N:

Lisa N
I think you’re up.

Although there are many good women - they just get very little notoriety. One of my favorites is Marilyn Musgrave.

Heck, even Feinstein supported Condi’s nomination. But after being the only senator to vote against certifying the election results, could you expect any better from her? She needs to spend a little less time in the fever swamps, methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back