Call them on it!

  • Thread starter Thread starter De_Maria
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
John Martignoni, president of the Bible Christian Society says clearly that there is nothing in the bible that conflicts with the teachings of the Church and nothing about the Church, It’s teachings or in the Catechism that conflicts with the Bible.

Something we should always remember when speaking to our non-Catholic friends.

Mr. Martignoni actually says we should agree with them when they quote scripture and say “Amen, Absolutely, I believe every verse of scripture in the Bible!” then go ahead and gently point out the other areas in the Bible that support Catholic teaching with the correct interpretation of the offered quote.

Mr. Martignoni point out that the worst we can expect, and the best your opponent can expect is a tie, since their concept is that anyone has the right to read and interpret scripture in any way they like, then they cannot dispute your interpretation without admitting that their ideas are wrong. We simply say, “Ok, but I don’t agree with your interpretation and I’ll stick by my own interpretation that is taught by the Catholic Church.”

It’s really worth the several hours you can spend listening to all of his talks here: He has some great tools to help us all better defend our faith!
👍 Martignoni’s talks are VERY much worth listening to. I have heard almost all of them, several times over, and I love them every time.
 
Which are the predominant Protestant denominations in the Bible Belt?
It depends on which part you are in. I grew up in a pre-dominantly Methodist section in SE Texas, but just a bit up the road it was Southern Baptist. And now I’m just a hair east (still in Texas) and it’s a mish-mash of just about everything. I don’t know if “Bible Belt” has a hard geographical boundary, but this area has always been called “The Bible Belt”.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top