Calling herself a devout Catholic, leading U.S. politician says banning abortion ignores basic morality

  • Thread starter Thread starter mdgspencer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking more about the conversation regarding who deserves a Catholic funeral, and who doesn’t.
 
I was speaking more about the conversation regarding who deserves a Catholic funeral, and who doesn’t.
I would think the same would apply, then. The individual in question rejected Church teaching in favor of a social agenda, and granting them a Catholic funeral further scandalized the faithful. This is different from someone who habitually falls into sin before death, but recognizes what sin is, accepts what the Church says about it, and attempts to reform themselves. Someone who spent their life unapologetically promoting abortion doesn’t fall in this category.

Regardless, the term used was “public” funeral, not Catholic funeral.
 
Could lead (if it hasn’t already) to some prideful thinking thats not healthy for the heart. I’ll be praying for her.
 
Last edited:
To those who claim that abortion is ok because it is legal: slavery used to be legal, too.
 
I’m sorry to say, but she is clearly wrong. That is why we as Catholics must follow our Catholic Church teachings, magisterium and overall guidance. It is the only way to ensure we do not fall for false teachings.
 
At risk of sounding obvious, it is so easy to call oneself a Catholic, but it doesn’t make it so in God’s eyes. In John 8, Jesus, in speaking to certain ethnic Jews of his day, denied that they were children of Abraham and called them children of the devil instead. Can you imagine hearing Jesus say that to you as you enter eternity? Dreadful.

The most important task of this life, for all of us, is to reach the point where God looks at us and calls us a genuine and authentic Catholic and Christian. I pity her. To deny such a simple and fundamental truth for whatever her reason may be, is very sad. God save her.
 
Last edited:
I was speaking more about the conversation regarding who deserves a Catholic funeral, and who doesn’t.
That was only two posts and you specifically mentioned the thread.
 
In reading the article it seems Nancy Pelosi is unsure of what it means to be a devout Catholic.
 
Cokie Roberts should not have even been given a public funeral, …
I looked her up and saw that she was a Catholic when she died (and all her life). That is why she was given a funeral Mass, and I have never heard of a private funeral Mass. I could not find enough details on the funeral to know if the eulogy was in the context of the Mass, which is not supposed to happen for anybody, or from anybody.
 
How do we get more politicians saying “Abortion ignores basic morality” ?
 
Nancy is quoted in a book by left wing “Catholic” where she is interviewed.

In the section of the book (which I cannot remember the name to save my life - but I know it included Cardinal Bernardin), Nancy’s mom asks her if she would like to consider becoming a nun or religious sister.

Nancy says: “no, I would rather be a priest.”

I read that and was personally like, “well that explains everything.”
 
Last edited:
Nancy is quoted in a book by left wing “Catholic” where she is interviewed.

In the section of the book (which I cannot remember the name to save my life - but I know it included Cardinal Bernardin), Nancy’s mom asks her if she would like to consider becoming a nun or religious sister.

Nancy says: “no, I would rather be a priest.”

I read that and was personally like, “well that explains everything.”
Hmm, gotta wonder why she would want to be a priest when she can’t seem to grasp the Church’s basic moral teaching.
 
Passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified on December 6, 1865, the 13th amendment abolished slavery in the United States and provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or …

———————

It seems like right after the 73 Supreme Court decision a similar Amendment could have been ratified for abortion while they still had the public support to do it.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top