This is really bad timming for this post. I am suffering cabin fever big time and spring can’t come soon enough!!!:hypno: I love camping. My husband and I argue over which is better, tent or camper. I personally want a camper so all we have to do is load up and go. My husband on the other hand says tenting is better and feels more like camping. BTW, I have waaaayyyy more camping experience than he and have survived the “romance” of a tent; give me the camper!!!
One year my parents took us to Munising in Michigan’s UP (highly recommend this area BTW) we pitched camp and left to sightsee. The weather was perfectly fine while we were out, back at camp was another story… We go back pretty late and everything was soaked. Our sleeping bags were floating, the tent had partially collapsed. My dad and I found a laundrymat and practically begged the guy who was closing up for the night to let us in to dry the sleeping bags. He did give in. It was a long night, but that was the only problem we had for the rest of the trip.
one more. It was mid June 2004 my parents and I took my grandma camping up by Sault Ste Marie. When my parents and I left to get grandma and them proceed north, it was hot, hot, hot. Of course being summer we packed summer clothes and light jackets. We got to the Sault and the evening was getting pretty chilly but not bad. My grandma had some issues (she had mild dementia, but was really bad for whatever reason that weekend). We camped for 2 nights and finally decided to call it quits. It was cold and grandma had kept us up the last 2 nights. We took her back to Marinette and stayed in a hotel. We found out later that night on the news that it was the first time in over 100 years that Sault Ste Marie had fallen below freezing in mid June.:bigyikes:. That explained a lot. Sadly though, 3 days later grandma died suddenly and that was probably why she was so difficult that weekend. (before we took her home we took her to grandpa’s grave and she kept saying her next move was going to be next to him.

)
Crazzeto: FYI… BOOK EARLY if you are thinking of camping in any of western national parks, they book up fast and book up early.