• Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Shoshana:
Code:
Code:
Very deep thinking going on here…:rolleyes:

Iy may just astoud you that animals have been used by God again and again…remember the donkey in the OT who could prophesy? Have you prophesied???

Don Bosco was protected at one point in his life when he was mightily threated and due to his good work. Actually a dog he named Griggio would always appear when he was in danger. This was the ugliest and the meanest looking dog he had ever meant. He would follow Bosco even into a person’s home and remained there until Bosco would look for him later on and he was gone. No windows or doors to get out! Bosco would notice him a couple of decades later in the field watching out for him…One time Bosco was attacked and this dog who was bigger than a Mastiff came out of nowhere and remained with him for a long, long time as his sprotection.

St Francis of Assissi made friends with animals and he would preach to the animals and many animals of all kinds would sit there and listen to him. Even the birds would perch to listen to him. He made a friend with a wolf and this wolf used to attack this village and everyone was afraid…until Francis reprobated him and blessed him and the wolf lived a long life doing what a good wolf would do and remained part of that village until his death.

Animals are much more open to the spiritual world my friend, and maybe you should take note and maybe try to be as open as they are.

And the Father knows wheb a sparrow dies…😛

Blessings,
Shoshana
:clapping: :dancing: :clapping: Great post Shoshana!When I had a priest have to come and “clean” my house besides alot of supernatural occurances going on my chihuahuas would bark and growl looking at something that the children and I couldn’tsee but could feel,when Holy water was thrown where they were looking the feelings would stop and so would thier fits.God Bless

Sir Knight:
Are you sure about that? I was always under the impression that dogs saw things in black & white. I was also under the impression that their eyesight was better than humans. Not as good as a cat’s but better than ours.

If what you are saying is true, then I need to stop letting our puppy outside alone at night. Who knows what kind of trouble he can get himself into.
Here comes a whole sub-thread: What about the sight hounds? Greyhounds, Salukis, whippets, Afghans . . .

Exporter said:
SP38,
I do not mind at all for you asking about my dog, “Smokey”. Yes, usually Wiemeriner females are about 70 pounds and the males are 80 to 85 pounds. And they are silvery-gray, sometimes almost a pinkish color , in spots, when they move. That’s the “normal” Wiemeriner.

I got him when he was 2 months old ( he was black then)and for a month he slept in a big box by my bed. When I took him for shots again, my vet said, “Oh you have one of the Edinburg Bird Dogs,huh?” Yes I got him in Edinburg. Two brothers who farm raise them. They got their first ones from Oklahoma maybe twenty years ago. Thes dogs were bred for bird hunting. The legs are exceedinly long and their nose is very sensitive. They told me they were bred to run through high grass. They can too. Mine hates birds. I have a fenced backyard and about once a month he snatches a lowflying bird right out of the air.

When he puts his front paws on my shoulders he licks my face, I am six feet tall. Since I have had him two different “dog people” have told me the Oklahoma Wiemeriners are Black. He has not a one white hair- he is solid coal black. I have had 4 German Shepards before Smokey, and Smokey is a very good natured dog but not as smart as a GS. I do not know if the Oklahoma people cross-bred back then. I do know that a British soldier discovered them after WW II in Bavaria. They were a “secret” dog.

pretty cool. thanks for the info. i bet he’s beautiful.
I did see on a weim site a picture of a black one. neat.

Originally Posted by mercygate
Here comes a whole sub-thread: What about the sight hounds? Greyhounds, Salukis, whippets, Afghans . . .

Hi mercygate!

The shitzu and chihuaha’s owners wil be so offended! Go figure… smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

Sighthounds! I had a Basinjii about 20 years ago, they are sighthounds. He killed almost every cat in the block, and he drug them home…early in the morning. When he got mad at me he would hide something that belonged to me. He was stubborn! I sold him to a farmer after one year. The tri-color is beautiful, but not a house pet.

40.png
Exporter:
Originally Posted by mercygate

Hi mercygate!

The shitzu and chihuaha’s owners wil be so offended! Go figure… smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

Sighthounds! I had a Basinjii about 20 years ago, they are sighthounds. He killed almost every cat in the block, and he drug them home…early in the morning. When he got mad at me he would hide something that belonged to me. He was stubborn! I sold him to a farmer after one year. The tri-color is beautiful, but not a house pet.
I asked the veterinarian about sight hounds. Apparently their ability to track is located in the visual cortex of the brain rather than the eye. He says the sight hounds are not very smart. But then, how smart does a dog have to be? They’re GORGEOUS.

I have an earth dog – she is a Jack Russell and she is smarter than the German shepherd I thought was bright. My JRT would sense spirits only if they are in a hole in the ground.

She has moments when a cat or possum or whatever passes by our house and she growls in a menacing way. Yes, she is a terrier, but she doesn’t growl at everything that moves, just the things have heartbeats and would be fun to chase. Prey drive galore.:eek: Has only killed rodents, though.

Knowing that there are dogs who help people with predicting seizures and other medical problems, I do believe they can smell or tell another way what is happening with us humans.

My dog was gotten to help me through a particularly tough time and she still repeats every behavior that has caused me to laugh. The best is when she says her name – Au-ror-ra. I can’t help but giggle, she sounds rather deep voiced, but it is not a growl. My husband has even asked when he hears her over the phone if it the dog or the kid imitating the dog. Poor Memorex didn’t even get mentioned.

You can probably see things your dog can’t, e.g. a wider variety of colors. But your dog can definitely hear and smell things you can’t.

A cursory research of seismology will reveal that earthquakes happen all the time. We just don’t feel them.
Go the usgs.gov to find out more. It does make sense that animals would react to these earthquakes if they are able to sense them.

Additionally, I have a beagle. A beagles sense of smell is second only to the bloodhound. I’ve seen my beagle sniff the air in our apartment, go crazy like someone had just come in, and then my wife walks in five minutes later. Turned out she was in the parking lot talking to someone. He obviously smelled her through the door, around the corner and down the hill. Quite impressive!

I don’t know about dogs, but I know that at least one donkey in history was able to see an angel and speak in a human language. Good thing for Balaam, since the angel was about to kill him. . .

Totally OT, but I’ll try to bring it back…

I have a Weimaraner, too. Edgar is 5 months old and constantly being mistaken for a Chocolate Lab (how anyone can mistake ears THAT long, feet THAT big, and a face THAT full of woe for a Lab is beyond me, but…)

Anyway, Ed doesn’t bark. Never has. Just whines, whimpers and occasionally yelps. He’s constantly around other dogs, but he lets them make all the noise. Is this normal? Does he have to learn to bark? He was one of eleven puppies and we got him at 6 weeks of age. He also is highly sensitive–scold him and he won’t even look at you for two days.

Trying to get BACK on topic now…Our other dog, Bruno (our Wal*Mart Parking Lot special Heinz 57 mix) can hear a car turn down the road a half mile away and know if it’s a stranger’s car (we live in a rural area, no thru traffic) and go into “guard dog” mode. Otherwise, he won’t bother to interrupt his nap. Ed just looks to see if it’s me coming home from work and will I give him a ride around the block on my lap so he can hang his head out the window? (That is, if I haven’t done anything to offend him and he’s on speaking terms with me.)

BlueRose

I’ve been hearing a lot recently about some of the new service dogs. There’s some breeds that can be trained to be companions for people with conditions like epilepsy. The heightened awareness of the dogs make them be able to sense when a seizure is about to happen, and the dog will make the person lie down, and the dog will lie next to them to prevent them from flailing about. Works like a dream, even with kids. Absolutely amazing.

As for whether or not animals can see spirits or not, I don’t know. I do know that my cat sees invisi-bugs on a daily basis, however.

40.png
Almeria:
I’ve been hearing a lot recently about some of the new service dogs. There’s some breeds that can be trained to be companions for people with conditions like epilepsy. The heightened awareness of the dogs make them be able to sense when a seizure is about to happen, and the dog will make the person lie down, and the dog will lie next to them to prevent them from flailing about. Works like a dream, even with kids. Absolutely amazing.

As for whether or not animals can see spirits or not, I don’t know. I do know that my cat sees invisi-bugs on a daily basis, however.
My Brit can see bird’s four miles away…Over hill and over dale…she knows they are there. I can step on one and not see it. How do they do that? 🙂

40.png
bluerose:
Totally OT, but I’ll try to bring it back…

I have a Weimaraner, too. Edgar is 5 months old and constantly being mistaken for a Chocolate Lab (how anyone can mistake ears THAT long, feet THAT big, and a face THAT full of woe for a Lab is beyond me, but…)

Anyway, Ed doesn’t bark. Never has. Just whines, whimpers and occasionally yelps. He’s constantly around other dogs, but he lets them make all the noise. Is this normal? Does he have to learn to bark? He was one of eleven puppies and we got him at 6 weeks of age. He also is highly sensitive–scold him and he won’t even look at you for two days.

Trying to get BACK on topic now…Our other dog, Bruno (our Wal*Mart Parking Lot special Heinz 57 mix) can hear a car turn down the road a half mile away and know if it’s a stranger’s car (we live in a rural area, no thru traffic) and go into “guard dog” mode. Otherwise, he won’t bother to interrupt his nap. Ed just looks to see if it’s me coming home from work and will I give him a ride around the block on my lap so he can hang his head out the window? (That is, if I haven’t done anything to offend him and he’s on speaking terms with me.)

BlueRose

I started this thread. My Wiemeriner is almost 6 years old. I got him at 2 months. At that time I also had a very old Ger. Shepard who was “the boss”. My Wiemeriner has always barked, especially at trucks and birds. He is too gentle, would never bite even a bugerlar (I think). Over where he came from there are 5 or 6 adult Wiemerimers. Walk up to the fence and 1 or 2 will give a bark. I think they are all different, like people. I know an old cowboy who died 30 years ago told me that all horses are of different personalities. He trained horses for maybe 40 years. He should know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back