C
chopstocky
Guest
During Easter season is it ok to fast on Wednesdays and Fridays? The season being a celebration and ‘feast’, I was wondering if I should hold off until after or continue with this practice.
I thought that on Fridays that are not during Lent, that you can choose a different form of penance other than abstinence of meat. That’s what I read in the CCC. Was this recently changed?You may certainly continue to fast, if you wish. You are not required to do so outside of Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. Abstinence from meat was not in effect last week (the Octave of Easter) but is re-established on Fridays this week.
Absolutely! You can fast whenever you feel called to do so. Remember catholics used to abstain from meat every Friday all year and are still encouraged to do that or some other act of service.During Easter season is it ok to fast on Wednesdays and Fridays? The season being a celebration and ‘feast’, I was wondering if I should hold off until after or continue with this practice.
The form of penance is regulated by the local bishops. In the USA, a different form of penance may be substituted. This is not so throughout the world.I thought that on Fridays that are not during Lent, that you can choose a different form of penance other than abstinence of meat. That’s what I read in the CCC. Was this recently changed?