Can someone explain the Papal Crucifix?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarkA16
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkA16

Guest
I’ve searched for the “Bent Cross” and “Broken Cross” and all I find are people thinking it’s satanic. What does this cross really mean?
 
It’s simply a contemporary design and interpretation of the Crucified Christ, radical traditionalist or schismatic or even fundamentalist evangelical assertions notwithstanding. It was first designed for HH Pope Paul VI.

As for meaning: “If I be liftted up, I will draw all men unto myself.”
 
(This is my post from a previous thread on the same topic:)

http://www.windsofchange.net/images/Pope_JP2_cross.jpg
You mean like this one?
I have one, and I love it.
My understanding of the significance of the bowed crossbeam is that there was/is no tree in the world that could bear the burden of our sin as Christ did. Only He could.
The way the corpus is crafted really emphasizes His suffering–not that other styles downplay it–in a way that really speaks to me.
 
StephanieC - I just got chills all over from that! I’ve never heard that about he papal cross before, that is beautiful!

~Liza
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top