W
Walterross
Guest
My question arises from wanting to learn more about Jesus and the history of the church, etc. I realize that there are many christian denominations, each with their own little bias here and there of what they publish/write.
My question is can we trust other sources such as protestant, presbyterian, or jewish sources? For example, if I want to learn more about the history of the life of Jesus (not including the bible) I’m sure everyone has their interpretation of it. How do I weed out good information from bad ones being that I’m unaware of the facts myself?
And this doesn’t just go for research. YouTube videos for example, have many non-catholic speakers and video creators such as Joel Osteen as well as many others. Should I give videos of other denominations any thought or dismiss them altogether?
I run into this problem quite a bit when researching anything pertaining to God. It seems the only way to do it correctly is to type “catholic” at the end of every search query
, although I feel like I may be getting only catholic bias, which might lead to blind-faith which I want to avoid.
Does anybody run into this issue as well?
My question is can we trust other sources such as protestant, presbyterian, or jewish sources? For example, if I want to learn more about the history of the life of Jesus (not including the bible) I’m sure everyone has their interpretation of it. How do I weed out good information from bad ones being that I’m unaware of the facts myself?
And this doesn’t just go for research. YouTube videos for example, have many non-catholic speakers and video creators such as Joel Osteen as well as many others. Should I give videos of other denominations any thought or dismiss them altogether?
I run into this problem quite a bit when researching anything pertaining to God. It seems the only way to do it correctly is to type “catholic” at the end of every search query
Does anybody run into this issue as well?