Cat feces linked to business success

  • Thread starter Thread starter otrrl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The research made Johnson wonder about just how much control we really have over our own behavior.
“It just surprising. I like to think that the decisions that I make are all decisions that I have control over. But in reality it seems that our decisions can be influenced by just one parasite. There’s got to be many, many more,” she said. “There’s this entire community living within our bodies. A whole ecosystem that can be affecting you. I think that’s exciting.”
How will this knowledge effect Pope Benedict XVI’s relationship with his cats?

I think this thread could be moved to the moral theology sub forum.
 
Last edited:
Toxoplasmosis is linked to unusual behaviour in general.
 
Schizophrenia has been linked to it.

Pregnant women shouldn’t change kitty litter.
 
Are they telling me the crazy cat lady stereotype actually has a basis in reality?
 
Wow, so that’s it. All this time I have been wondering. Still I am a little skeptical of this, but I would not be surprised if there were something to it. (my cats go outside a vast majority of time anyway so the benefit for me may be minimal…) I saw this thing about intelligence, test scores, linked to DNA. I think there is evidence that a wide variety of unknowns, bacteria, viruses, DNA, etc., affect many factors in human behavior, good and bad - that is the weird part, the good I mean, we expect the bad. I remember watching this documentary about how chimpanzees used some tree, its leaves on wounds, etc. Turns out people use it and it appears to even have properties that may offset cancer. The world is a complex place; there are probably a lot of interactions going on like this.
 
Yes, there have been other studies that have suggested this showing a link between toxoplasmosis infection and schizophrenia like @f_marturana mentions. I personally dont see the link to business success as personally meaningful. People can discover new outcomes by trying things people haven’t tried before, and some of those new outcomes can be beneficial. But what percentage of people that get infected end up with business success? What are the mental states of all of these same people later in life.

But about Toxoplasmosis, rats infected with it become attracted to the smell of cat urine and some of their fear responses are suppressed. It results in them more likely being killed by a cat. Toxoplasmosis needs to be within a cat to complete the other part of its development cycle.
 
A recent article in Chemistry and Engineering News (American Chemical Society) or perhaps it was Scientific American showed that there are trillions of viruses and bacteria in every cubic yard of air and that most infections occur in the oceans, involving single-cell organisms. The effects on humans can only be imagined at some point. But, it explains the bubble-boy problem.
 
As time goes on we learn that we are rather connected to our environment. There’s even evidence suggesting that the mix of bacteria and such in your gut has profound impacts too.
 
Right, no doubt. This is a bit off topic but I remember watching some documentary where they found that three generations on from survivors of famine - (wheat crops destroyed by wet weather) - the descendants had very strong immune systems, much more so than the average population. Overcoming common colds enhances one’s immunity. Antibiotics weaken immune systems. Viruses, bacteria could play a huge role in our lives, not all bad. I think this could well lead right into things like adaptability/protection from cancer, heart disease, mental, emotional states affected as well, etc. This is also why I look at things like herbal remedies with an open mind. This interaction goes beyond bacteria, viruses. Just things like simple food nutrition are not that far from this, right. Mushrooms are fungus - check this out.

 
Trump doesn’t have any pets.

I’m not sure if Mike Pence has a cat. He has the famous Marlon Bundo, a rabbit.
 
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
Toxoplasmosis has created more bad CAF posts than the world will ever fully realize.
 
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
Toxoplasmosis has created more bad CAF posts than the world will ever fully realize.
Then again, maybe you and I could come up with a health food made of mushrooms and cat feces (think using the litter in the box to make em crunchy) and make a fortune hawking it on the internet. (At least until the Food and Drug Administration catches up with us! 🤣🤩😉
 
Last edited:
We’ll relocate operations to Russia 🇷🇺

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top