Catholic and Democrat?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nonie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for the record I am one of the folks paying most of the taxes…I grew up poor and by the grace of God I have been financially blessed. I pay 40% in taxes…and get robbed by Capital Gains taxes…I also pay just as much as anybody else does For Social Security I am looking at one of my pay stubs now 6% do you pay more?

As far as LBJ goes…he is one of the Social Democrats not looking out for the poor minorities I am talking about. In fact 69% of Democrats (46 for, 21 against) voted for the Civil Rights Act as compared to 82% of Republicans (27 for, 6 against). All southern Democratic senators voted against the Act. This includes the current senator from West Virginia and former KKK member Robert C. Bryd and former Tennessee senator Al Gore. And we are to believe that his son and the rest of the Democrats who allow Bryd to be apart of them are looking out for the poor minorities…I think not
In the House of Representatives, 61% of Democrats (152 for, 96 against) voted for the Civil Rights Act; 92 of the 103 southern Democrats voted against it. Among Republicans, 80% (138 for, 34 against) voted for it.
The Civil Rights Act was initiated under the Eisenhower administration and JFK sat on it and only under pressure from the Republicans did anything and LBJ gets the credit.

What do you mean by “The real fools are the poor that somehow are convinced that if you just give more to the rich more will trickle down to you. Like dogs getting scraps from the table”. How are the poor giving to the rich? If you mean tax breaks to the rich trickles down than yes this WORKS…it stimulated our current economy wouldnt you agree?
 
I have a friend who is registered as a Democrat. In the primaries, she and her husband vote for the most conservative Democrats. In the regular elections, they vote Republican.

Interesting way to use their votes. —KCT
 
:clapping: Well said!
My biggest fear is that Bush will re-instate the draft before his term is up and my husband could be forced on the front lines to die in battle, since he is not old enough to avoid the draft. The thought of that saddens me beyond belief. 😦
Bush has no power to re-instate the draft. Meanwhile the children keep getting slaughterd at a rate of 4,000 a day It appears you support those who aid and abet the killing of 1.2 million children a year out of a totally unfounded fear your husband might get drafted. Thats saddens me beyond beleif…
 
…I also pay just as much as anybody else does For Social Security I am looking at one of my pay stubs now 6% do you pay more?

Do you pay 6% on all your income? Or just part of it? Is laissez faire economic Darwinism your answer or something closer to
what our 1st Pope,set up in the 1st Christian Community in the Acts of the Apostles? How does any of this apply to the expanding poor and the shrinking middle class under Republicanism? That awful distribution of our country’s wealth

]As far as LBJ goes…he is one of the Social Democrats not looking out for the poor minorities I am talking about. In fact 69% of Democrats (46 for, 21 against) voted for the Civil Rights Act as compared to 82% of Republicans (27 for, 6 against). All southern Democratic senators voted against the Act. This includes the current senator from West Virginia and former KKK member Robert C. Bryd and former Tennessee senator Al Gore. And we are to believe that his son and the rest of the Democrats who allow Bryd to be apart of them are looking out for the poor minorities…I think no
In the House of Representatives, 61% of Democrats (152 for, 96 against) voted for the Civil Rights Act; 92 of the 103 southern Democrats voted against it. Among Republicans, 80% (138 for, 34 against) voted for it. The Civil Rights Act was initiated under the Eisenhower administration and JFK sat on it and only under pressure from the Republicans did anything and LBJ gets the credit.

The majority of those Democrats who voted against the Civil Rights act were your much hated Dixiecrats, Of course they’re not there anymore. They’re Republicans now.

What do you mean by “The real fools are the poor that somehow are convinced that if you just give more to the rich more will trickle down to you. Like dogs getting scraps from the table”. How are the poor giving to the rich? If you mean tax breaks to the rich trickles down than yes this WORKS…it stimulated our current economy wouldnt you agree?
I agree it looks great on Wall Street. But on Main Street and the
back streets of America it’s not nearly as rosy. Job numbers are
low paying service jobs with little or no benefits, food banks and soup kitchens in America are being overwhelmed. And I never said
the poor were givig to the rich. Trickle down lets poor Americans
get the scraps from the rich like service jobs w/ no benefits. The
current economy is being fueled by deficit spending and war spending. Most sensible goverment doesn’t start wars and cut taxes at the same time. Can government help the poor outside of
Economic Darwinism. I think so. Like minimum wages, which
Republicans consistently opposed. The history of labor relations says the poor and middle class deperately needs government.
Almost any change that occured for the benefit of the working class in America occured with some leverage some arm wringing
of the coporate elite by the Government. Child labor laws. 40 hr
work week, vacation time, safe and healthy places to work in…
you get the picture. To stand on the sidelines and say well
“stay out of the way of big money interests” they do the right thing
it will distribute wealth in our country fairly is delusional. Based on
what? LORD HAVE MERCY

So slaughteroing 1.2 million children is just fine by you as long as the workingman is treated the way want hin to be?
 
Bush has no power to re-instate the draft. Meanwhile the children keep getting slaughterd at a rate of 4,000 a day It appears you support those who aid and abet the killing of 1.2 million children a year out of a totally unfounded fear your husband might get drafted. Thats saddens me beyond beleif…
The only person I have heard wanting to reinstitute the draft is Charles Rangle. Don’t think he is a Republican.
 
Bush has no power to re-instate the draft. Meanwhile the children keep getting slaughterd at a rate of 4,000 a day It appears you support those who aid and abet the killing of 1.2 million children a year out of a totally unfounded fear your husband might get drafted. Thats saddens me beyond beleif…
WHEN THE HECK DID I SAY THAT??? :mad:
 
The majority of those Democrats who voted against the Civil Rights act were your much hated Dixiecrats, Of course they’re not there anymore. They’re Republicans now.

I agree it looks great on Wall Street. But on Main Street and the
back streets of America it’s not nearly as rosy. Job numbers are
low paying service jobs with little or no benefits, food banks and soup kitchens in America are being overwhelmed. And I never said
the poor were givig to the rich. Trickle down lets poor Americans
get the scraps from the rich like service jobs w/ no benefits. The
current economy is being fueled by deficit spending and war spending. Most sensible goverment doesn’t start wars and cut taxes at the same time. Can government help the poor outside of
Economic Darwinism. I think so. Like minimum wages, which
Republicans consistently opposed. The history of labor relations says the poor and middle class deperately needs government.
Almost any change that occured for the benefit of the working class in America occured with some leverage some arm wringing
of the coporate elite by the Government. Child labor laws. 40 hr
work week, vacation time, safe and healthy places to work in…
you get the picture. To stand on the sidelines and say well
“stay out of the way of big money interests” they do the right thing
it will distribute wealth in our country fairly is delusional. Based on
what? LORD HAVE MERCY
First I thought I would give you some posting advise…as I am sure you have noticed you have been posting into mine and everyone elses quote…when you hit quote you have to type past the …so that your comments are cleary understood by all. BTW thank you for your comments and reply’s to my right wing rhetoric 😃

I pay 6% on my gross income as do ALL AMERICANS not part of my income as you insinuated.

You mention “distribution of wealth” as do most Social Democrats…maybe you should take a US Goverment 101 class to understand how capitalism works in a free society. Distribution of wealth is what communist and socialist countrys do…quite poorly I might because there is no true fair distribution of wealth in those countries.

You say “Dixiecrats, Of course they’re not there anymore. They’re Republicans now”. This is not true I mentioned several of them…the worst one of the bunch the current senator from West Virginia and former KKK member Robert C. Bryd. Al Gore, Both Clinton’s the list goes on…

You say “minimum wages, which Republicans consistently oppose”. This is one you hear often…do you really think raising the minimum wage drastically would help anyone. This is merely a voting ploy. The people in this pay scale love to hear a Social Democrat say “I want to raise minimum wages to 10 dollars an hour”. Even if it happened what do you think the companies would do that pay minimum wage. Do you think the Walmarts and McDonalds of the world would just absorb the cost…of course not they would just raise their cost of goods and that would hurt…EVERYONE!
 
You say “minimum wages, which Republicans consistently oppose”. This is one you hear often…do you really think raising the minimum wage drastically would help anyone. This is merely a voting ploy. The people in this pay scale love to hear a Social Democrat say “I want to raise minimum wages to 10 dollars an hour”. Even if it happened what do you think the companies would do that pay minimum wage. Do you think the Walmarts and McDonalds of the world would just absorb the cost…of course not they would just raise their cost of goods and that would hurt…EVERYONE!
Do you have economoic studies that support your opinion? So you believe that Wal Mart and McDonalds can not afford it? Did you know that the CEO of Wal Mart makes $17 million a year and has been quoted as saying he can not afford to pay his people living wages? Did you know his biggest competitor and 4th largest over all reatailer in the world Costco? Did you know that Costco average pay is $15/hr with health and other benifits? And are their prices higher than say Sam’s club? NOPE. Finally, did you know the salary of the Costco CEO? Answer: $375,000/yr.

It is the wealthy and the Republican’s indifference to the poor and the average people that I can not vote Republican.
 
Bush has no power to re-instate the draft. Meanwhile the children keep getting slaughterd at a rate of 4,000 a day It appears you support those who aid and abet the killing of 1.2 million children a year out of a totally unfounded fear your husband might get drafted. Thats saddens me beyond beleif…
It is the indeferrence towards the poor by people like the Republican party. And the continue hardships the working poor have to face each day with unwilling help and broken promises by some one like the Republican party that some one like the evil and misguiding Planned Parenthood continues to win in this situation.

It is the comments like the ones that have been said in these forums showing negativity and indifference towards the poor, and especialy single mothers, that gives feelings of isolation and desperation. With that Planned Parenthood and the idiots that hi-jacked the Democratic party with their geonicide solutions, continue to win.

With out consistant ethics towards life or as Cardinal Bernadine once said, “From womb to tomb” this madness will continue on. It is sad and I do not like it one bit but it is the reality and we must face up to it.
 
Do you have economoic studies that support your opinion? So you believe that Wal Mart and McDonalds can not afford it? Did you know that the CEO of Wal Mart makes $17 million a year and has been quoted as saying he can not afford to pay his people living wages? Did you know his biggest competitor and 4th largest over all reatailer in the world Costco? Did you know that Costco average pay is $15/hr with health and other benifits? And are their prices higher than say Sam’s club? NOPE. Finally, did you know the salary of the Costco CEO? Answer: $375,000/yr.

It is the wealthy and the Republican’s indifference to the poor and the average people that I can not vote Republican.
First I wasn’t defending Walmart I do believe Walmart could do a better job in regards to employee benefits etc…with that said it is unfair to compare Walmart stores to Costco…Sams would be a better example. Walmart stores wages are comparable to other type stores Kroger, Safeway, etc…According to Businessweek Magazine “Sam’s $11.52 hourly average wage for full-timers tops the $9.64 earned by a typical Wal-Mart worker, compared to Costco’s $15.97”. How much should someone who checks groceries make in your opinion? My first job at sixteen was working in a grocery store…it is an entry level job if you want to make a career of it that’s ok 76% of Walmart store directors come from there store base. If you choose to make checkout person your career…how much should you expect in return???
 
Are you serious? I am not saying the Republican party is the “cure-all” for pro-life issues…because I am so disgusted by some of their actions, I no longer consider myself Republican…however, the Democratic party is so, so, so very far out on the fringe left it is borderline lunacy…face it, the democratic party is not what it used to be…it is led now by people like Durbin, Dean, Kennedy, Pelosi, etc…people who are a bunch of “holier than thou” elitist who will never, ever let little groups like the one you have been attending meetings with ever gain a foothold within the Democratic party…and even if they tried to let them, all the groups that fund the democratic machine of infanticide and immorality such as George Soros, Planned Parenthood, etc…would never allow for such a thing to happen…they would cut their money off in a heartbeat. I don’t want to burst your bubble…but you are waiting for a ship that is never going to come in.
I vote on the issues too. That is why I am voting Democrat. Neither party right now is completely Pro-Life in their words and/or actions. I will take the lesser of two evils. Also there is a growing group with in the Democratic party that is growing every day. The Democrats For Life and gaining ground with in the party. I just attended a meeting in my state and very encouraged by them. Holding Life as sacred and holding to most of the Catholic Social Teachings.
 
What Kool-Aid have you been drinking??? That is the most asinine method of reasoning I have ever heard.
You are wrong. The Church doesnt state that. A Catholic can vote for a Democrat who is pro choice as long the Catholic isnt pro choice themself. Why with all the info about this, and people saying it over and over, certain members keep repeating the incorrect position?

I am voting Democratic this cycle and abortion isnt my mine issue. Its one of many. Life is life - whether already living or unborn. They are equal - if not then God is stating he views an unborn baby as more worthy of than someone already alive who has theirs.
 
Are you serious? I am not saying the Republican party is the “cure-all” for pro-life issues…because I am so disgusted by some of their actions, I no longer consider myself Republican…however, the Democratic party is so, so, so very far out on the fringe left it is borderline lunacy…face it, the democratic party is not what it used to be…it is led now by people like Durbin, Dean, Kennedy, Pelosi, etc…people who are a bunch of “holier than thou” elitist who will never, ever let little groups like the one you have been attending meetings with ever gain a foothold within the Democratic party…and even if they tried to let them, all the groups that fund the democratic machine of infanticide and immorality such as George Soros, Planned Parenthood, etc…would never allow for such a thing to happen…they would cut their money off in a heartbeat. I don’t want to burst your bubble…but you are waiting for a ship that is never going to come in.
There is a growing group with in the Democratic party and tha the Democratas for Life. Myself I am one. For which I lobby with in my own local party to move away from supporting abortion.

Currently they have people in Congress now such as Ben Nelson from Nebraska who has consistantly voted pro-life every time. Bob Casey Jr. is running in PA and he is pro-life just like his father (former Gov. of PA). Charlie Wilson from Ohio. Heath Shuler from North Carolina. The list goes on. democratsforlife.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=172&Itemid=54

Democrats as a whole support the 95-10 Initiative (democratsforlife.org/index.php?op … tent&task=view&id=48&Itemid=45) which addressed aborition and how to at least limit it and possibly eliminate the poor’s need for abortion. Planned Parenthood hates it but Democrats do not care because they know this in their hearts this is right. The 95-10 initiative in reptrospective coincides with most of what CCC Part 3 Section 2 Article 7 states.

Until there is a third party that addresses consistant ethics towards life (Womb to Tomb) then I will take the lesser of two evils.

Furthermore Bush is not pro-life and neither is the majority of Republicans so I see no difference.
 
First off…the Democrats are not the lesser of two evils…I would love to hear a lengthy explanation as to why you say they are…secondly, the part I have quoted below is one of the sickest excuses I have ever heard given to justify abortion…The poor don’t “need” abortions…ecomonic reasons do not justify taking the life of an unborn child…what they “need” is to practice abstinence if they can’t afford another child. There is never, ever any reason which one can give that will justify abortion…even the life of the mother is not a valid excuse for abortion…poverty sure as hell is not one…please excuse the rhetoric…but it really upsets me to hear this offered as an excuse.
Democrats as a whole support the 95-10 Initiative (democratsforlife.org/index.php?op … tent&task=view&id=48&Itemid=45) which addressed aborition and how to at least limit it and possibly eliminate the poor’s need for abortion. .
 
First off…the Democrats are not the lesser of two evils…I would love to hear a lengthy explanation as to why you say they are…secondly, the part I have quoted below is one of the sickest excuses I have ever heard given to justify abortion…The poor don’t “need” abortions…ecomonic reasons do not justify taking the life of an unborn child…what they “need” is to practice abstinence if they can’t afford another child. There is never, ever any reason which one can give that will justify abortion…even the life of the mother is not a valid excuse for abortion…poverty sure as hell is not one…please excuse the rhetoric…but it really upsets me to hear this offered as an excuse.
You are not reading into my point! I am not making excuses but secular society is making excuses for the poor and desperate to kill babies. But when they look at today’s governement the poor see a government who thinks of the poor as a burden, lazy and not deserving of support. They see a government and a society which values the wealthy over the poor.

So then evil prays on this. Such as Planned Parenthood. They pray on these people and allow the killing of babies.

To me nothing justifies killing of babies but nothing justifies pushing them in that direction either. Nothing justifies making life out the womb miserable and desperate for the sake of big business and the wealthy.

Either way most Republicans supports abortion, also support tax cuts for the wealthy at the expense of cutting social programs such as education, medicare/medicade, police protection, etc.

Starting a war that kills hundreds of thousands of people for the sake of oil and political reasons does not sound pro-life.
 
You are not reading into my point! I am not making excuses but secular society is making excuses for the poor and desperate to kill babies. But when they look at today’s governement the poor see a government who thinks of the poor as a burden, lazy and not deserving of support. They see a government and a society which values the wealthy over the poor.

So then evil prays on this. Such as Planned Parenthood. They pray on these people and allow the killing of babies.

To me nothing justifies killing of babies but nothing justifies pushing them in that direction either. Nothing justifies making life out the womb miserable and desperate for the sake of big business and the wealthy.

Either way most Republicans supports abortion, also support tax cuts for the wealthy at the expense of cutting social programs such as education, medicare/medicade, police protection, etc.

Starting a war that kills hundreds of thousands of people for the sake of oil and political reasons does not sound pro-life.
Did you bother to look at the websites that I provided earlier on in the thread that spell out the real agenda of Planned Parenthood…you have to look deeper into the roots of the Democratic Party. The real agenda of Planned Parenthood is the Genocide of minorities! The real agenda of the Democrats is keeping minorities oppressed!

Democrats do nothing to help people out of poverty they intentionally keep minorities in poverty oppressed. You said “Most Republicans support abortion”…hogwash! Where do you get your facts. You also said earlier in the thread that Republicans do nothing about abortion…again you are wrong! WHAT HAVE DEMOCRATS DONE FOR THE POOR…other than keep them on the plantation!

You should read…Uncle Tom’s Plantation by Star Parker

And also go to…

blackgenocide.org/

blackgenocide.org/sanger.html

This website explains how Planned Parenthood was started by White Supremacists…the Democrats are no friend of the minority in poverty but their worst enemy.
 
I think it is harder to reconcile the Democrats and Catholic views in todays times than it used to be. Back in the day both parties still had a level of morality that was common ground with differences over taxes, defense spending, etc. Now the gap is widening and to watch the democrat party heading down the road they are on is sad. Having only one party in constant power is not healthy either because it does breed corruption. With that being said, I can see why the trend for more people becoming independents is becoming clearer.
 
Did you bother to look at the websites that I provided earlier on in the thread that spell out the real agenda of Planned Parenthood…you have to look deeper into the roots of the Democratic Party. The real agenda of Planned Parenthood is the Genocide of minorities! The real agenda of the Democrats is keeping minorities oppressed!

Democrats do nothing to help people out of poverty they intentionally keep minorities in poverty oppressed. You said “Most Republicans support abortion”…hogwash! Where do you get your facts. You also said earlier in the thread that Republicans do nothing about abortion…again you are wrong! WHAT HAVE DEMOCRATS DONE FOR THE POOR…other than keep them on the plantation!

You should read…Uncle Tom’s Plantation by Star Parker

And also go to…

blackgenocide.org/

blackgenocide.org/sanger.html

This website explains how Planned Parenthood was started by White Supremacists…the Democrats are no friend of the minority in poverty but their worst enemy.
That is such a lie. It is pathetic you would use such rhetoric. Ii really feel sorry for you. You know that is not true. What party has done more for poverty than Democrats. while the Democrats secure a clean environment and economic justice Republicans get in power and cut it out for the sake of big business and the wealthy elite. All you have to do is see the actions taken in congress to prove that.

While Democrats support building up education Republicans have cut it.

However I agree with you that the majority with in the Democratic party have been hijacked by the sickos who support unabated abortion but that is changing and I am showing that in the websites and articles I have posted. You just to ignore them for your own agenda.

Also I have read the blackgeneocide website and that makes me only more pro-life from womb to tomb. I absolutely despite Planned Parenthood and I believe they have just as evil intentions as big business. Make profits off the backs of the poor regardless of who they hurt only as long as they line their own products.

To be honest if we can have some one like McCain of Guilliani it would be great and I would vote for them with out blinking. However they are for abortion too just like our President.
 
I forgot to mention another Republican I would vote for is Gov. Mick Huckelby from Arkansa

*“But people need to remember that to balance the federal budget off the backs of the poorest people in the country is simply unacceptable. You don’t pull feeding tubes from people. You don’t pull the wheelchair out from under the child with muscular dystrophy.” * Gov. Mike Huckelby
 
There is a growing group with in the Democratic party and tha the Democratas for Life. Myself I am one. For which I lobby with in my own local party to move away from supporting abortion.
An oxymoron if ever there was one. democrat polices have had the effect of keeping blacks poor and uneducated .Of course that is only those Blacks lucky enough to escape the womb-fully 25% of the African Americans have been aborted in the last 30 years-all becauseof policies pushed by the Democrat party. the KKK in its heyday never came close to harming blacks as much as the democrat party does on a day to day basis.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top