Catholic company having required transgender sensitivity training

• Thread starter Thread starter Theresa1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I wonder if St. John the Baptist and St. Paul were considered rude at times. Jesus was certainly harsh to many. But a man saying he’s a woman and us Catholics agreeing with him and calling all the transgender men, women, is kind. Sorry it’s late and I’m still a bit confused.

You are correct. However, I’m still happy to be retired and have no more training.

Last edited:
Thank you. I don’t know why I feel since it’s a transgender organization that they will somehow teach something contrary to our Church teaching.

Actually outside of this forum, from some online searches on this issue I’ve seen many Catholics more agree with you. I recall Jordan Peterson who is not a Catholic say he’d rather go to jail than be forced to lie. Or something like that.

Thank you. I always remember being in a meeting with my boss and she saying it was hard to get her management out of their archaic views on gender with regard to names. Someone at the meeting explained it was the Church teaching. (since were at a Catholic company). I forgot how that came up in the meeting but that comment always stayed with me. No one is forcing me to act any different right now yes that’s true. I’ll post back later on what the transgendered teachers taught us if that’s ok.

Last edited:
No. I am currently a college student. I have, to annoyance and anger of many at my university, said things similar to this though.
Well, I hope you are able to find a job that is accommodating of your personality, or that you are figuring out a way to be self-employed. And, if self-employed, you should look into what your legal responsibilities are if you should happen to have an LGBTQ+ customer, vendor etc walk into your place of business.

It’s fairly normal for employers to expect people to abide by certain workplace rules involving diversity, which nowadays also involves how one treats LGBTQ+ people who are either your work colleagues, or your outside business partners and customers.

In the meantime, I would suggest that since you have not had the experience of working full time and supporting a family yet, you make that clear when you are telling others who are in that position what they should do at their work.

Last edited:
Ok that makes sense thank you. I would rather, as a Catholic have to work on not being uncomfortable saying something I feel is unnatural for the sake of appeasing and keeping peace with the transgender person.

Transgender theory is a plague. It targets children and confuses them into questioning their gender which sometimes results in the use of incorrect hormones intravenously and the mutilation of one’s own body.

It need be opposed at every turn.

And so? You may have missed it. That doesn’t mean they don’t have something to say about it. Like it or not, you need to be respectful, just as you wish others to respect your beliefs.

Last edited:
Oh I remember years ago a documentary with so many of those stories involving children and hormone treatments. I almost forgot about those. I wonder how they are doing today.

Hello, My company (my boss initiated it) is going to require us to take a transgender training from a transgender organization
I work in a Catholic hospital and medical center and though we didn’t have to take training from a transgender organization we did have to have some training. I don’t agree with the transgender issue happening today and so watch what I say, so that I do not offend Our Lord but also do not want to offend the person I am dealing with.

I remember in the training that we were told that there were about 30 different government agencies watching every move they made and requiring this training. They did their best to keep it Catholic and show Christian love.

I thought about St. Paul who said he will be all things to all people to win them over to Christ . I wonder if he would have, in his beautiful way, either admonished them sternly ( or even Saint Jerome who was known to be quick tempered ) or been kind to win them to Christ. The things I wonder about .

Last edited:
It is simply the employer protecting themselves against any future litigation

Last edited:
Sadly almost half of them 43-47% end up committing suicide.

Yet another grave sin to compound the other one that led them to suicide in the first place.

Hi. Don’t know if this makes any difference but i learned that the company coming to teach a training at our Catholic company are called the Transgende Institute and they do hormone therapy and surgeries. They have things like wig styling classes etc.
Just checking if this changes anyone’s thoughts of it doesn’t matter at all. Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back