F
francesco920
Guest
It is funny that Protestants accuse Catholics of being heretics when the the two big ideas of the Reformation (sola fide, sola scriptura) are contradicted by the Bible, not to mention Tradition.
In addition, one Protestant denomination often views another as heretical, and I don’t know of any Protestant consensus on Catholic “heresies”…
As for Boettner and other anti-Catholics, I’m not sure there is much more to be said about them than what already has been said. Their words are incredibly ignorant and bigoted, and what they need to do is to read up on their history and to read the Bible a little more closely. Most of all, they need our prayers, and I pray that one day all of the anti-Catholics will become the most ardent defenders of the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.
One more thing: it is very
that quite a bit of Protestant doctrines are based on hatred of Catholic beliefs. As a Catholic, I am
to say that none of the Catholic doctrines are based on a hatred of the beliefs of my separated Christian brothers and sisters, but rather entirely on the teachings of Jesus Christ as preserved through the Written and Oral Traditions and upheld by the Magisterium of the Holy Catholic Church.
In addition, one Protestant denomination often views another as heretical, and I don’t know of any Protestant consensus on Catholic “heresies”…
As for Boettner and other anti-Catholics, I’m not sure there is much more to be said about them than what already has been said. Their words are incredibly ignorant and bigoted, and what they need to do is to read up on their history and to read the Bible a little more closely. Most of all, they need our prayers, and I pray that one day all of the anti-Catholics will become the most ardent defenders of the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.
One more thing: it is very