Caesar,
You are simply confirming that the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church on this issue of heretics is the very same as it was in the Middle Ages. Nothing has changed.
Well, I have news for you. The faith you wish to protect (even by putting to death Catholics whom you call heretics) is not the Christian faith. For, as the bible says, ‘In the way that is called heresy that is the way that I worship the God of our fathers’.
Who said this ? It was St Paul.
Or, again, ‘There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the ends thereof are the ways of death’.
The Golden Rule, ‘Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself’.
Anyway, I remain with complete respect for Catholic people but not, by any means, for the system of Roman Catholicism.
Yours in Christian Service
R. Newman