Catholic single girl on a cruiseship

  • Thread starter Thread starter mely2020
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll . I’m blessed in that I have a core group of single female friends who enjoy traveling so I usually can find someone to go on vacation with. Before I met them, I found myself going off by myself because everybody else was married and they didn’t want to go off on vacation without their husbands.
I’m in a lot of social an activity groups and there’s always a trip going on somewhere. I just went to Memphis last weekend with a travel group on meetup.com. I know the organizer and have been on several of his trips he’s always well organized. There might be similar meetup groups in your area. I also when to Chicago and Colorado with catholic groups. Sometimes you just have to look around to find groups that travel I just found it more economical to travel that way sharing rooms and expenses on meals with groups. My trip to Colorado cost only around $500 for 5 days that included rooming, meals, airfair and transportation to and from the airport. I shared a room with 3 other ladies though so if you don’t like sharing a room that makes things more expensive.
 
Thank you everyone for your advice and tips.
There will be 600 singles in the cruise. Most of them
are around 40s-early 60s of age. Only around 20
people in their 20s, and around 35 in their 30s.
If I knew Ave Maria had singles cruise I would have
booked with them instead. I prefer hang around with
singles that have the same interests and values as me.
I see secular singles are mostly about hooking up
and getting drunk.
I don’t want to meet other singles in the cruise.
I met a wonderful guy in CatholicMatch that is very
respectful, kind, and has the same values like me.
We been on 2 dates so far (12 hours each), we felt
the connection instantly and I am interested in him
only. I booked the trip before I met him.
He offer to take me and picking me from the
airport.I got off topic, I just want to share it because
I never felt so comfortable with someone and I just
hope it turns out good since I been online dating
since summer with no results.
 
OP, I’d check into this and see if you can get your money out of it. Just for information, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go on the cruise anyway. You never know, you could meet your “Mister Right” there!

OTOH, it’s easy to drink too much where the wine and beer are free…so be careful.
On most cruises, even soft drinks generally cost $$$… I’ve never been on one where the beer and wine are free. (Of course, as I don’t drink, I couldn’t care less.) You must be taking other cruise lines. 😉

OP… the advice about cruisecritic.com and their “roll call” section is wonderful. We have communicated ahead of time with other folks who would be on the same cruise, and it was an excellent idea. We ended up sharing a van from the train station to the cruise ship, and also from the ship to the city, with other passengers we had “met” ahead of time. Cruisecritic.com also often has a “meet and greet” on board (as there are lots of members who post reviews and share info, and the cruise lines often provide food and drinks as a “perk” at this event.)

I know that cruise lines are generally strict about refunds, with particular deadlines, and can take a big chunk of what you’ve paid (unless you have “cancel for any reason” travel insurance.) If you keep your head about you, pay attention to safety, and NEVER take a drink from someone you don’t know, you should be fine. Chances are, however, that unless it’s a Christian or Catholic singles group, many of the passengers will have a different agenda from yours. Just be sensible and careful.
 
The ammount of puritanism on this thread is sickening.

To the OP: I think it would be better to ask your confessor, he will give you an authoritative reply.
 
The ammount of puritanism on this thread is sickening.

To the OP: I think it would be better to ask your confessor, he will give you an authoritative reply.
:confused::confused::confused:

What are you interpreting as Puritanism? The OP said she doesn’t want to be on a cruise where everyone is playing musical beds. We have been offering her suggestions and some people have reported their own experiences on different cruise lines.

What is her confessor going to be able to tell her about going on a singles cruise? He’ll probably tell her to listen to her own conscience, and not to sin.

Your response was the least helpful posted so far.
 
The ammount of puritanism on this thread is sickening.

To the OP: I think it would be better to ask your confessor, he will give you an authoritative reply.
Why? Do you think her confessor will have experience with singles’ cruises?

There’s been nothing puritanical about the answers: just good, practical advice.
 
My husband and I went on our first cruise last year. It was fun and you are not obligated to do any of the activities the ship has to offer.

Actually my husband and I didn’t do any drinking on the cruise because I was 10 weeks pregnant at the time. We still had a blast. We went swimming in their pools, went to shows, and did a ton of touristy stuff since it was a cruise through the mediterranean. We went to Rome and that was amazing!
The cruise we went on was very low key. There were a ton of families and older couples.
We took advantage of the buffet and free fountain drinks (it wasn’t “all inclusive”) and had a fantastic and relaxing time.

Since you already are dating someone else, and he doesn’t seem opposed to this vacation and the cruise age seems a bit older…I would go and have fun!
Take the time to relax, hit the beaches on your own with some fantastic books and take in some sun! You don’t have to go to the clubs or the casino (if there is one) but lots of cruises have spas, shows, restaurants, fun pools, water slides…ours even had rock climbing and wake boarding. There was so much to do.
 
I’d suggest you buy yourself a wedding ring, get a couple of photos of a large soldier (mean looking preferred) and enjoy. Anyone tries to “hook up”, point to the ring and say “no thank you”. If you meet someone you actually like you can be honest with them and I’m betting they will understand.

Many will say this is sinful because you are “lying”… I don’t believe this is “false wittness”. But to be safe perhaps you should talk to your priest and see what he thinks.

Cruises are great.

Enjoy

God bless
Lol, that sounds like somthing out of a comedy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top