Catholic turned Atheist

  • Thread starter Thread starter 900MHZ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you not aware of Anthony Flew? One of science’s most prominent atheists for decades is now a theist! He finally had to acknowledge that the universe in all its complexity has to have a God behind it all.

I once seriously considered atheism until I saw how close-minded it all is. Believe in science and “reason” or else. No, that leaves me cold.

And for the poster who said that much hurt comes from faith, I found the opposite to be true.

As to why catholics become atheists, it all comes to one word: pride.
 
Are you not aware of Anthony Flew? One of science’s most prominent atheists for decades is now a theist! He finally had to acknowledge that the universe in all its complexity has to have a God behind it all.

I once seriously considered atheism until I saw how close-minded it all is. Believe in science and “reason” or else. No, that leaves me cold.

And for the poster who said that much hurt comes from faith, I found the opposite to be true.

As to why catholics become atheists, it all comes to one word: pride.
It’s Antony Flew, not Anthony Flew.
 
There’s this woman I know of…she blogs about her atheism and how she came to be an atheist. The reason I post this…she admits to being a former Catholic, EVEN attended Catholic Highschool. (she’s in her early 20’s now). Mentions she’s had high marks in that highschool

She’s a local model as well, been on reality T.V., too (Beauty and the Geek).

But she really makes it obvious to people about her atheism and how she used to be a “former Catholic”.

My question is…why all hatred toward Christians with the way she expresses herself? How does one like go from being around Catholicism as a child, even going to school, to this?
The enemy prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

May I suggest you ask her to read and refute the page - inherit eternal life on www.heavensmessengers.org The reason I suggest this is not just because it’s good info but I had 100 masses offered for this page to bear fuit and it just might do the trick.

If she’s open after that tell her to read about Fatima too.

Good luck and God bless:thumbsup: 😉
 
I’ve found that most people who claim loudly to be “atheists” are really just looking for someone to convince them otherwise…but they aren’t looking high enough for the Presence and Love they so desperately WANT to know-while for those who know God-no proof is needed- for them no proof is enough…if they were as content in their views-and certain in their mortality as they try to project-there would be no need to lash out or discredit those who have found a personal relationship with God…it is best just to listen if they want to speak and wish them well-then take comfort in the fact that even though they have turned their back on God- He hasn’t turned His back on them and will be there when the realization comes-… there are no atheists on their deathbeds…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top