L
Lead_Me_Home
Guest
I have a cousin who was baptized in the same protestant church I was. We were baptized very similar to Catholics; sprinkling, and trinitarian. I am still stuck in that church for a bit longer, hints “closet catholic”. However my cousin is being “re-baptized” at another protestant church which is the same denomination; community-(non-denominational).
In this church however she is getting dunked, and not baptized directly for original sin, but repentance. I was wondering would there be anything wrong with a Catholic, or Catholic believer like myself to witness this invalid baptism. I am debating going in order to show support for her, although i’ll make it clear that i see it as unnecessary. I see it as a chance to practice what I preach and support her because i will expect the same support when I enter RCIA and am confirmed (hopefully next year). I don’t see her actions as a sin, obviously because she was not brought up Catholic and would not understand. Ironically her mother was non-denom, then Latin Rite Catholic, then baptist, then non-denom again. Pray for Her.