F
FCEGM
Guest
It would be accurate to say THE Church.Actually , why would it not be more accurate to say He founded " A " Church ?
It would be accurate to say THE Church.Actually , why would it not be more accurate to say He founded " A " Church ?
- Is the pope involved in a falling away from the faith? Check. Thereās lots of evidence of this, but Iām rushing. For now, let it be sufficient that Paul identifies the following as demonic doctrines that will accompany the falling away of the faithful: āforbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from [foods]āāthat is, mandatory celibacy and mandatory fasts are demonic doctrines that mark the apostasy. Hereās the whole passage:
THIS IS SO WILD I COUND NOT RESIST RESPONDING TO IT:āNow the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (2) Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; (3) Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.ā (1 Timothy 4:1-3)
I once read almost all of the āLeft Behindā seriesāgot through the first 10 or 11 books, before I decided that was enough. About book 9, Tsion Ben-Judah is having a crisis of faithāwhat if he isnāt really good enough to be the leader of all the Messianic Jews? Several other characters come up with this argument: Surely the Holy Spirit will not allow you, the leader of a million Christians, to go astray?Sure it has occurred to me now. I am married to a Catholic, and the fact that all of this has occurred to me is one of the reasons I am considering going to RCIA later this year to learn more about the Catholic faith. But it never occurred to me until a few years ago (after I got married). I suppose the reason that it did not occur to me is that I was brought up on all of this, and was indoctrinated in it from the time I was little. Those men (reformers) are treated as heroes in the Protestant faith. I guess we were just taught that the church was persecuted, then because man is so sinful, the church became corrupt, and the ātrue churchā was persecuted; and I guess all the common people just were not smart enough to figure it all out. The Protestants I grew up under treat Luther as a tormented individual who finally figured everything out and was liberated. Other Protestants have honestly probably never even stopped to think all of this through very well and sort it all out because they have never had any reason to. (I had to when I got married.) Some would think I am crazy for even listening to the Catholic side of the argument. (Although many Protestants are much more open-minded.) It is very sad, and it is sad too, when uneducated Catholics become converts to Protestantism. It allows Protestants more fuel for their fire.
BTW, about 10 years ago now, I just stumbled on a cart full of as-yet unpacked books for the new school year at my Parish. Guess what I found? The āLeft Behindā series. Someone just sent them, we did not order them. I tried to explain that they would do this to purposely get the heretical material into the hands of Catholic children, and expect most librarians to just put them on the shelves along with the other books, which ours almost did.I once read almost all of the āLeft Behindā series.
You know I always thought Bishop Sheen was wrong when he said [paraphrasing] that there was not 100 people who hated the Catholic Church but there are thousands who hated what they thought was the Catholic Church. He was implying of course, that a lot of people just misunderstood the Catholic Church. While I do not doubt there are far more people in this category who have been misled. I do believe there is an organized anti- Catholic segment in society whose goal is to systematically attack the church. Letās face it, Satan does not attack the protestants. Satan mocks Catholicism. You hear of satanic worship services as āBlack Massesā. Has anyone ever heard of satanic worship that mocks any protestant service? I never have. So if you want to know which church is the one church established by Jesus Christ then look for the church under attack by Satan and you will find it.I wanted to point out that art of what is going on, or a greater part I think, is an organized, deliberate assault on the Church by certain āunaffiliatedā televangelist superchurches. A lot of dis-information is spread online which results in thread like this one. I do not suggest anyone involve themselves here, but if you want to know from the āhorseās mouthā so to speak, you can wade through until the ugliness overwhelms you.
I make the claim not based on just something in a forum, but on having my own daughter get caught up in one of these churches and going there myself. EVERY service started with a harangue against the Church. Every single one. But that part never makes it on television.
How many Catholic here have ever been to one of these superchurches to hear what they say? This isnāt about Lutherans or Presbyterians, this is about āMid-Acts Dispensationalistsā (MAD) who are being taught that everything in the NT before Paul Chapter 13 can be disregarded as the āold dispensation.ā They are told that Grace Saves and no acts of charity or mercy are required, in fact, doing such marks you as an idolator. You have only to accept. Thatās it. No muss no fuss entry into heaven.
You see, the Catholics kept the Truth hostage and stole all those souls for Satan. We are idol-worshiping minions of the devil and if we speak nicely it is because we are trying to lure them away from⦠Paul, I guess. I can hardly find one who can quote Gospel but have many out-of-context NT Paul letters quotes at their fingertips.
It sounds stupid, but they are rabid in their hatred, encouraged from their pulpits. It scares me.
=Julia Mae;8200242]I wanted to point out that art of what is going on, or a greater part I think, is an organized, deliberate assault on the Church by certain āunaffiliatedā televangelist superchurches. A lot of dis-information is spread online which results in thread like this one. I do not suggest anyone involve themselves here, but if you want to know from the āhorseās mouthā so to speak, you can wade through until the ugliness overwhelms you.
I make the claim not based on just something in a forum, but on having my own daughter get caught up in one of these churches and going there myself. EVERY service started with a harangue against the Church. Every single one. But that part never makes it on television.
How many Catholic here have ever been to one of these superchurches to hear what they say? This isnāt about Lutherans or Presbyterians, this is about āMid-Acts Dispensationalistsā (MAD) who are being taught that everything in the NT before Paul Chapter 13 can be disregarded as the āold dispensation.ā They are told that Grace Saves and no acts of charity or mercy are required, in fact, doing such marks you as an idolator. You have only to accept. Thatās it. No muss no fuss entry into heaven.
You see, the Catholics kept the Truth hostage and stole all those souls for Satan. We are idol-worshiping minions of the devil and if we speak nicely it is because we are trying to lure them away from⦠Paul, I guess. I can hardly find one who can quote Gospel but have many out-of-context NT Paul letters quotes at their fingertips.
FEAR NOT DEAR FRIEND, CHRIST IS IN CHARGE AND JUST LETTING SOMME DIG THE āPITā DEEPER.It sounds stupid, but they are rabid in their hatred, encouraged from their pulpits. It scares me.
Thank you, Pat for words of encouragement. I can only drown if I take my eyes off the Lord.FEAR NOT DEAR FRIEND, CHRIST IS IN CHARGE AND JUST LETTING SOMME DIG THE āPITā DEEPER.
I have LONG been schocked about obvious attacks and evident LACK of even civility, much less Christian charity.
Stay close to the Lord and do what ever HE permits you to do, to influence, to live our Catholic Faith.
God Bless,
Pat
I couldnāt agree more! Iāve made this same observation that Satan knows his enemy and attacks it vehemently. I donāt see him bothering with Protestant communities because they do not pose as large of a threat.You know I always thought Bishop Sheen was wrong when he said [paraphrasing] that there was not 100 people who hated the Catholic Church but there are thousands who hated what they thought was the Catholic Church. He was implying of course, that a lot of people just misunderstood the Catholic Church. While I do not doubt there are far more people in this category who have been misled. I do believe there is an organized anti- Catholic segment in society whose goal is to systematically attack the church. Letās face it, Satan does not attack the protestants. Satan mocks Catholicism. You hear of satanic worship services as āBlack Massesā. Has anyone ever heard of satanic worship that mocks any protestant service? I never have. So if you want to know which church is the one church established by Jesus Christ then look for the church under attack by Satan and you will find it.
Hello, Julia Mae,Thank you, Pat for words of encouragement. I can only drown if I take my eyes off the Lord.
I agree , but I had to start somewhere .[It would be accurate to say THE Church.]