Catholicism not Christian?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Timonator348
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is the pope involved in a falling away from the faith? Check. There’s lots of evidence of this, but I’m rushing. For now, let it be sufficient that Paul identifies the following as demonic doctrines that will accompany the falling away of the faithful: ā€œforbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from [foods]ā€ā€”that is, mandatory celibacy and mandatory fasts are demonic doctrines that mark the apostasy. Here’s the whole passage:
ā€œNow the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (2) Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; (3) Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.ā€ (1 Timothy 4:1-3)
THIS IS SO WILD I COUND NOT RESIST RESPONDING TO IT: 🤷

When hearts are FILLED with hatred, belief in any foolishness seems possible.

When God [YES GOD!] choose to give "the key’s to the kingdom [heaven] to Peter He also gave Peter and throgh him, the CC, not only the RIGHT to make laws, but also the mandate and Power of God Himself to do so.

1. Matt.16: 18 - 19 " And I [JESUS] tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church,[SINGULAR] and [WILL PROTECY HER TRUTH FROM] the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will [HAVE NOW] give[n] you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven
  1. John.20:19 -22 "On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, **Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, ā€œPeace be with you.ā€ **[20] When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, ā€œReceive the Holy Spirit.ā€
***ā€œAs the Father has sent me, even so I send you.ā€ MEANS just THAT! ***With the Power and authority of Jesus Christ who is God. Thus the Power to"Bind and to loose" is 1. unlimted 2. perfected by the HS 3. warrantied by Jesus Himself.

3.John.14:16 - 17 " And I [JESUS] will [now have]pray[ed] the Father, and he will give you **another Counselor, to be with you for ever, ** even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; ***you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you. ***

JESUS AS WARRANTY OF THE CC TRUTH: John.17 -15 to 19 "I [JESUS]do not pray that thou shouldst take them out of the world,** but that thou shouldst keep them from the evil one. **Sanctify them in the truth; thy word is truth. As ***thou didst send me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. ******And for their sake [Peter, Apostles and My CC] I [JESUS] consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth. ***
  1. As to the ā€œfood issueā€ you never bothered to ask WHY? Only a VERY foolish person would undrstand that sharring in God’s Glory; in an absoute sensem WILL and DOES require that we sacrifice with Christ. THUS the ā€œno-meatā€ on Fridays is a sacrifice that keeps our minds and hearts close to our LORDS.
FYI: It is a PRACTICE NOT a doctrine and can be changed. FURTHER what Timonty is speaking about is NOT ā€œFASTINGā€ which is what your talking about; but abstaing. NOT NEARLY the same thing. And FAsting is taught BY CHRIST:

Matt.6: 16, 18 ā€œAnd when you fast, do not look dismal, like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. … that your fasting may not be seen by men but by your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.ā€

Acts.13:2 -3 ā€œWhile they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, ā€œSet apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.ā€ Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off."

**Phil.1: 29 **ā€œFor it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, ā€œ

2Thes.1: 5 ā€œThis is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be made worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering ā€œ

Heb. 2: 10 For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through suffering."

**MARRAIGE ā€œforbiddenā€ **This too is ONLY a Church practice that could be [likely will NOt be] changed. Those who amke this commitment DO SO on their own FREEWILL. It is a condition of the Catholic Priesthood; BUT NO ONE IS FORCED TO BECOME A PRIEST> It is a sacrifice they make to God; just as Virgins do to and FOR God.

So friend WHAT other strange things have you been taught that are UNTRUE about us Catholics? šŸ™‚

God Bless,
Pat
 
Sure it has occurred to me now. I am married to a Catholic, and the fact that all of this has occurred to me is one of the reasons I am considering going to RCIA later this year to learn more about the Catholic faith. But it never occurred to me until a few years ago (after I got married). I suppose the reason that it did not occur to me is that I was brought up on all of this, and was indoctrinated in it from the time I was little. Those men (reformers) are treated as heroes in the Protestant faith. I guess we were just taught that the church was persecuted, then because man is so sinful, the church became corrupt, and the ā€œtrue churchā€ was persecuted; and I guess all the common people just were not smart enough to figure it all out. The Protestants I grew up under treat Luther as a tormented individual who finally figured everything out and was liberated. Other Protestants have honestly probably never even stopped to think all of this through very well and sort it all out because they have never had any reason to. (I had to when I got married.) Some would think I am crazy for even listening to the Catholic side of the argument. (Although many Protestants are much more open-minded.) It is very sad, and it is sad too, when uneducated Catholics become converts to Protestantism. It allows Protestants more fuel for their fire.
I once read almost all of the ā€œLeft Behindā€ series–got through the first 10 or 11 books, before I decided that was enough. About book 9, Tsion Ben-Judah is having a crisis of faith–what if he isn’t really good enough to be the leader of all the Messianic Jews? Several other characters come up with this argument: Surely the Holy Spirit will not allow you, the leader of a million Christians, to go astray?

Now, what about the leader, not of just one million faithful, but over one billion? And who is responsible for the direction of all those faithful not just at this moment, but for centuries to come? Will not the Holy Spirit safeguard such a person in his leadership? Especially since Jesus himself promised that the community of disciples would be guided by the Spirit, not just in Matthew 16, but at the Last Supper Discourse of John 14-17?

I guess it comes down, for me, to whom I trust: myself, the Reformers, or the Church that was promised the Spirit.
 
I wanted to point out that art of what is going on, or a greater part I think, is an organized, deliberate assault on the Church by certain ā€œunaffiliatedā€ televangelist superchurches. A lot of dis-information is spread online which results in thread like this one. I do not suggest anyone involve themselves here, but if you want to know from the ā€œhorse’s mouthā€ so to speak, you can wade through until the ugliness overwhelms you.

I make the claim not based on just something in a forum, but on having my own daughter get caught up in one of these churches and going there myself. EVERY service started with a harangue against the Church. Every single one. But that part never makes it on television.

How many Catholic here have ever been to one of these superchurches to hear what they say? This isn’t about Lutherans or Presbyterians, this is about ā€œMid-Acts Dispensationalistsā€ (MAD) who are being taught that everything in the NT before Paul Chapter 13 can be disregarded as the ā€œold dispensation.ā€ They are told that Grace Saves and no acts of charity or mercy are required, in fact, doing such marks you as an idolator. You have only to accept. That’s it. No muss no fuss entry into heaven.

You see, the Catholics kept the Truth hostage and stole all those souls for Satan. We are idol-worshiping minions of the devil and if we speak nicely it is because we are trying to lure them away from… Paul, I guess. I can hardly find one who can quote Gospel but have many out-of-context NT Paul letters quotes at their fingertips.

It sounds stupid, but they are rabid in their hatred, encouraged from their pulpits. It scares me.
 
I once read almost all of the ā€œLeft Behindā€ series.
BTW, about 10 years ago now, I just stumbled on a cart full of as-yet unpacked books for the new school year at my Parish. Guess what I found? The ā€œLeft Behindā€ series. Someone just sent them, we did not order them. I tried to explain that they would do this to purposely get the heretical material into the hands of Catholic children, and expect most librarians to just put them on the shelves along with the other books, which ours almost did.

I could not get anyone to notify the Bishop to have the schools check the libraries. I should have done it myself. I’m sorry now I didn’t.
 
I wanted to point out that art of what is going on, or a greater part I think, is an organized, deliberate assault on the Church by certain ā€œunaffiliatedā€ televangelist superchurches. A lot of dis-information is spread online which results in thread like this one. I do not suggest anyone involve themselves here, but if you want to know from the ā€œhorse’s mouthā€ so to speak, you can wade through until the ugliness overwhelms you.

I make the claim not based on just something in a forum, but on having my own daughter get caught up in one of these churches and going there myself. EVERY service started with a harangue against the Church. Every single one. But that part never makes it on television.

How many Catholic here have ever been to one of these superchurches to hear what they say? This isn’t about Lutherans or Presbyterians, this is about ā€œMid-Acts Dispensationalistsā€ (MAD) who are being taught that everything in the NT before Paul Chapter 13 can be disregarded as the ā€œold dispensation.ā€ They are told that Grace Saves and no acts of charity or mercy are required, in fact, doing such marks you as an idolator. You have only to accept. That’s it. No muss no fuss entry into heaven.

You see, the Catholics kept the Truth hostage and stole all those souls for Satan. We are idol-worshiping minions of the devil and if we speak nicely it is because we are trying to lure them away from… Paul, I guess. I can hardly find one who can quote Gospel but have many out-of-context NT Paul letters quotes at their fingertips.

It sounds stupid, but they are rabid in their hatred, encouraged from their pulpits. It scares me.
You know I always thought Bishop Sheen was wrong when he said [paraphrasing] that there was not 100 people who hated the Catholic Church but there are thousands who hated what they thought was the Catholic Church. He was implying of course, that a lot of people just misunderstood the Catholic Church. While I do not doubt there are far more people in this category who have been misled. I do believe there is an organized anti- Catholic segment in society whose goal is to systematically attack the church. Let’s face it, Satan does not attack the protestants. Satan mocks Catholicism. You hear of satanic worship services as ā€œBlack Massesā€. Has anyone ever heard of satanic worship that mocks any protestant service? I never have. So if you want to know which church is the one church established by Jesus Christ then look for the church under attack by Satan and you will find it.
 
=Julia Mae;8200242]I wanted to point out that art of what is going on, or a greater part I think, is an organized, deliberate assault on the Church by certain ā€œunaffiliatedā€ televangelist superchurches. A lot of dis-information is spread online which results in thread like this one. I do not suggest anyone involve themselves here, but if you want to know from the ā€œhorse’s mouthā€ so to speak, you can wade through until the ugliness overwhelms you.
I make the claim not based on just something in a forum, but on having my own daughter get caught up in one of these churches and going there myself. EVERY service started with a harangue against the Church. Every single one. But that part never makes it on television.
How many Catholic here have ever been to one of these superchurches to hear what they say? This isn’t about Lutherans or Presbyterians, this is about ā€œMid-Acts Dispensationalistsā€ (MAD) who are being taught that everything in the NT before Paul Chapter 13 can be disregarded as the ā€œold dispensation.ā€ They are told that Grace Saves and no acts of charity or mercy are required, in fact, doing such marks you as an idolator. You have only to accept. That’s it. No muss no fuss entry into heaven.
You see, the Catholics kept the Truth hostage and stole all those souls for Satan. We are idol-worshiping minions of the devil and if we speak nicely it is because we are trying to lure them away from… Paul, I guess. I can hardly find one who can quote Gospel but have many out-of-context NT Paul letters quotes at their fingertips.
It sounds stupid, but they are rabid in their hatred, encouraged from their pulpits. It scares me.
FEAR NOT DEAR FRIEND, CHRIST IS IN CHARGE AND JUST LETTING SOMME DIG THE ā€œPITā€ DEEPER.

I have LONG been schocked about obvious attacks and evident LACK of even civility, much less Christian charity.:eek:

Stay close to the Lord and do what ever HE permits you to do, to influence, to live our Catholic Faith.

God Bless,
Pat
 
FEAR NOT DEAR FRIEND, CHRIST IS IN CHARGE AND JUST LETTING SOMME DIG THE ā€œPITā€ DEEPER.

I have LONG been schocked about obvious attacks and evident LACK of even civility, much less Christian charity.:eek:

Stay close to the Lord and do what ever HE permits you to do, to influence, to live our Catholic Faith.

God Bless,
Pat
Thank you, Pat for words of encouragement. I can only drown if I take my eyes off the Lord.
 
You know I always thought Bishop Sheen was wrong when he said [paraphrasing] that there was not 100 people who hated the Catholic Church but there are thousands who hated what they thought was the Catholic Church. He was implying of course, that a lot of people just misunderstood the Catholic Church. While I do not doubt there are far more people in this category who have been misled. I do believe there is an organized anti- Catholic segment in society whose goal is to systematically attack the church. Let’s face it, Satan does not attack the protestants. Satan mocks Catholicism. You hear of satanic worship services as ā€œBlack Massesā€. Has anyone ever heard of satanic worship that mocks any protestant service? I never have. So if you want to know which church is the one church established by Jesus Christ then look for the church under attack by Satan and you will find it.
I couldn’t agree more! I’ve made this same observation that Satan knows his enemy and attacks it vehemently. I don’t see him bothering with Protestant communities because they do not pose as large of a threat.
 
Thank you, Pat for words of encouragement. I can only drown if I take my eyes off the Lord.
Hello, Julia Mae,

I followed the link in your earlier posting and noticed that the question asked by the OP (rather than the OP himself(?)) was treated with the appropriate mockery and ridicule. I was bemused by the vision of the Holy Father issuing artillery pieces to enable Catholics to persecute ā€˜heretics’ …
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top