M
mdstanzel
Guest
I hope I don’t come across too harsh. I’ve been walking around in what I consider a hostile environment for Catholics for over 17 years forced by my own choice with all of my own frustrations with my own experiences with poorly educated Catholics and not so good priests - some of whom by the way are not Catholics or priests anymore. My wife’s family was not at our convalidation this past weekend or our 2 youngest children’s baptism because they reject everything that is Catholic for many wrong reasons under the guise that they are right and we are wrong. I left Catholicism hopeless but prayerful that God would find a way to bring me back with my family - miraculously he came through for us --not just me. My wife has gone to her first confession just as our olde child. She fears the day her 81 year old mother finds out. He Bishop/Elder father died in 2004 and that’s no longer a problem. Her 2 oldest minister brothers will not take this well. There are several ministers and deacons in her family that will not take this well. We are relieved that we live apart from them with a several hour drive - enough time for them to cool off. So, I feel your pain and suffering. It may be safe to say that many people here can not or would not truly understand you position. However, don’t be surprized as to how many converts there are that are coming into the truth of the Catholic Church.I’ve been dating my Catholic boyfriend for almost a year now and since then my mom is terrified I’m going to end up like my sister and her Episcopilian husband. They don’t even GO TO CHURCH because they refuse to agree on where to go, Baptist church or his. So their child is being raised in no church at all. I keep telling my mom I’m converting, but anymore she seems to be deaf to it.
My whole family is very anti Catholic. The Catholics they know aren’t very good representations of the faith and they believe all the lies they’re fed by the Baptist preachers. Right now my family are members at a church whose pastor is extremely anti Catholic. He spreads his ignorance from the pulpit constantly. I refuse to go there anymore and my mom asks me why I don’t go to church anymore.(Even though she knows I go to mass every week) I’m going to be confirmed this year and I have no idea how to tell my family. They won’t go to my confirmation, and I’ll be surprised if anyone but my parents go to my wedding when it happens. Me and my boyfriend plan to have a mass said at the ceremony, and my family would be upset. They’ll be upset anyway. Since I’ll be raising my children so wrong.
Sorry, I vented a bit.
God Bless you. And Welcome Home.