L
LauraFS22
Guest
Hi everyone 
Any advice or (name removed by moderator)ut would be appreciated; I just received the new price list from my church for the CCD program and I am a little upset. I want to mention first that the teachers are NOT paid, they are high school students volunteeringā¦I had my son in CCD last year and it cost $230 just for him and now my daughter is going in and it will cost $445.00 for the both of them. Then in 2 years when my youngest will need to go I have to come up with $550.00 to send all three of them!! I feel this is a lot and want to say something but I donāt know if maybe this is just what it costs to attend Catholic Sunday school programā¦I canāt imagine my parents affording that as I grew up a little bit poor. It also comes right at the start of regular school when the kids need new clothes and shoesā¦please let me know what you think and if I would be right to say something or notā¦any advice or (name removed by moderator)ut is appreciated
Thank you!
UPDATE: I just called the rectory and they told me they have no idea why its so expensive and they canāt tell me where the money is going and no they do not pay their teachers. They also told me they are cheaper than some other parishes in the area and they can put me on a payment planā¦gosh, I feel like I am dealing with a car dealership! LOL
Any advice or (name removed by moderator)ut would be appreciated; I just received the new price list from my church for the CCD program and I am a little upset. I want to mention first that the teachers are NOT paid, they are high school students volunteeringā¦I had my son in CCD last year and it cost $230 just for him and now my daughter is going in and it will cost $445.00 for the both of them. Then in 2 years when my youngest will need to go I have to come up with $550.00 to send all three of them!! I feel this is a lot and want to say something but I donāt know if maybe this is just what it costs to attend Catholic Sunday school programā¦I canāt imagine my parents affording that as I grew up a little bit poor. It also comes right at the start of regular school when the kids need new clothes and shoesā¦please let me know what you think and if I would be right to say something or notā¦any advice or (name removed by moderator)ut is appreciated
UPDATE: I just called the rectory and they told me they have no idea why its so expensive and they canāt tell me where the money is going and no they do not pay their teachers. They also told me they are cheaper than some other parishes in the area and they can put me on a payment planā¦gosh, I feel like I am dealing with a car dealership! LOL
Last edited: