P
Pound_Coolish
Guest
We’re all probably familiar with a variety of attacks on the Eucharist, even that it is cannibalisitic. However, I recently came across one that threw me for a loop. I never thought about it, perhaps because it is so obvious it never crossed my mind.
Jesus became fully mortal (though fully devise) yes? The very definition of mortal/human is being confined to time and space, yes? So how on earth Jesus be present in millions of masses over the centuries all over the planet? I can see how God can, being outside of time and space, our Creator, insert himself into our world like a storyteller putting himself in a book, but how can His incarnation, Jesus, a finite man, be present everywhere?
How can the* finite* be* infinite*?
Jesus became fully mortal (though fully devise) yes? The very definition of mortal/human is being confined to time and space, yes? So how on earth Jesus be present in millions of masses over the centuries all over the planet? I can see how God can, being outside of time and space, our Creator, insert himself into our world like a storyteller putting himself in a book, but how can His incarnation, Jesus, a finite man, be present everywhere?
How can the* finite* be* infinite*?
Maybe someday we will ‘get it’…:heaven: