Charleton Heston-- dead today at age 85

  • Thread starter Thread starter ac_claire
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ac_claire

Guest
He will always be Moses for me… 😦
May he rest in God’s peace.
 
And Ben-Hur, Michelangelo, El Cid … and NRA poster boy 😉

Vale :tiphat:
 
I truly hate to see him go. I guess he had Alzheimer’s, though, and I don’t doubt his mind is clear where he now is.

I don’t know that he was the best actor that ever appeared on the silver screen, but since my childhood, I have admired him, and always thought of him as a genuinely good man.
 
I’m so sorry to hear the news.

From Ben-Hur to El Cid to The Big Country, he always gave a great performance, with his awesome presence and magnificent voice.

May he rest in peace.
 
Good-bye, Mr. Heston. May you rest in peace.Thank you for your gift of acting.

I wonder what it would be like in heaven right now, meeting God and Moses? Just a thought. Again Good-bye, sir.

Oh, other movies with Mr. Heston in them:
Soylent Green
Midway
Earthquake
 
**Such a great cinema career for future generations to enjoy, respect and appreciate!

I first knew him from those crazy sci-fi films: Soyant Green, Omega Man and of course the original Planet of the Apes (which I will watch today).
Regardless, he will live on forever as Moses.

“Let my people go!”
“You damn apes, you blew it up!”
**
 
This is too sad, this was one of my Grand Father’s childhood friends. 😦

He and my grandfather were friends in St. Helen, Michigan where Heston lived in his youth.

I remember my grandfather always pointing out where Heston’s mom’s house was.
 
Those d@mn dirty apes wil never get their stinkin’ paws on him again…

tee
 
Good-bye, Mr. Heston. May you rest in peace.Thank you for your gift of acting.

I wonder what it would be like in heaven right now, meeting God and Moses? Just a thought. Again Good-bye, sir.
I wondered about that too, if when he meets Moses in heaven. I bet it’ll be awkward.

😉
 
I wondered about that too, if when he meets Moses in heaven. I bet it’ll be awkward.

😉
I think it’d be more awkward if he met Michelangelo. Much as I thought Charlie was great as Moses, I don’t think he was quite the best actor for Michaelangelo.
 
To me, Charleton Heston was first -
Ben-Hur.
Handsome, good and who, while planning revenge, found Christ in a cupful of water and in later repaying that Mercy on the Way of the Cross was given back his mother and sister.

Moses - Who upon recognizing an old slave woman he’d saved, held the matching piece of an old Levite (?) cloth said - “This is the tie that binds.”

Charleton Heston. The human being - an actor who portrayed men of courage, who **did not forget **honor and truth - and who courageously wrote a letter to his public, before losing his memory to Alzheimer’s.
May he rest in God’s Peace.
 
I know it’s a little sick, but the phrase “cold, dead hands” keeps coming to mind.
 
May his soul rest in peace.

I liked Charleton Heston because he had a strong set of values but I did have a problem with his stand on family planning. He is on the list as opposing abortion but supporting Planned Parenthood.

fightpp.org/show.cfm?page=acting2
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top