Chris Wallace Says Biden Should Sit for Tough ‘No Subject Off Limits’ Interview Like Trump

  • Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Victoria33

Guest

Chris Wallace Says Biden Should Sit for Tough ‘No Subject Off Limits’ Interview Like Trump​

By Tom Ozimek

Fox News reporter Chris Wallace said presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden should face the rigor of a hard-hitting interview of the type that he said he subjected President Donald Trump to recently.

Wallace made the remarks Monday, after sitting down for an at times testy conversation with Trump on Friday, with the full version airing Sunday.

In the interview, Wallace challenged Trump on the president’s characterization of the state of the COVID-19 outbreak in America as “burning embers,” with the Fox News reporter calling the recent spike in infections a “forest fire.” The two also sparred over Trump’s assertion that Biden has called for defunding police departments as well as the president’s opposition to banning the Confederate flag on grounds of freedom of speech.
 
Such an interview would certainly be a feather in Chris Wallace’s cap. You don’t suppose that has anything to do with his call, do you? Nah, couldn’t be! Or could it?
 
Sure, it would be “a feather in his cap”. does that mean the interview should not happen otherwise? Interviewing the president or party presidential nominees is probably a “feather in their cap” for any journalist.
 
Such an interview would certainly be a feather in Chris Wallace’s cap. You don’t suppose that has anything to do with his call, do you? Nah, couldn’t be! Or could it?
You don’t think Wallace has gone high profile interviews before?
Why do you think Wallace needs a feather in his cap?
 
I’m just saying the call for this particular interview would have had more weight if it came from someone who is not going to benefit from it.

Sure, I think an interview with Biden would be interesting. By there are many talented journalist who could handle the job. There is no reason to think Chris Wallace is the one and only journalist to do it. (Unless you are Chris Wallace, of course)
 
Last edited:
I hope the interview does happen.

The journalists would have a field day comparing both interviews.
 
Hmm. An interview type journalist wants interview. This is news how?

In other news, doctor thinks the ill should be treated.
 
I’m just saying the call for this particular interview would have had more weight if it came from someone who is not going to benefit from it.

Sure, I think an interview with Biden would be interesting. By there are many talented journalist who could handle the job. There is no reason to think Chris Wallace is the one and only journalist to do it. (Unless you are Chris Wallace, of course)
Can you name one example of a “talented journalist” you respect who won’t go soft on Biden?

I liked Wallace. What’s good for Trump is good for Biden.
 
I give you a name and you say he will go soft and I say no because, as I said, I don’t think we have nearly the same idea of what that means. But if you want others, I would say any nationally known reporter on PBS, NBC, CBS, or ABC.
 
But if you want others, I would say any nationally known reporter on PBS, NBC, CBS, or ABC.
Any?

You have to be kidding. How many times were we treated to the spectacle of softball interviews with Obama?

Find me an example of one of these reporters that who was hard on a liberal or progressive elected official? Maybe the guy who makes Cuomo mad every time he asks Cuomo about that order? If not Wallace, that would be the kind of reporter I’d like to see interview Biden.

If we are going to root for Trump getting the tough questions as many have delighted in, then there is no reason at all to withhold Biden from that treatment. Is there?
 
So some don’t like Wallace interviewing Biden.

Why is Wallace an inappropriate interviewer for Biden other than that he’s tooting his own horn? Is it that his kind of toughness is inappropriate for Biden?

If it is said that the “kid glove” treatment of Biden is not the objective, then why the reluctance to name an alternative to Wallace who would have their own style, but not apply the “kid glove” treatment?

Don’t we want our presidents to handle tough questions like Wallace was tough on Trump? Should Biden be exempt from that treatment?

I liked Wallace being tough on Trump. I was very good with that. Why is some other reporter being tough on Biden so bad?
 
40.png
LeafByNiggle:
But if you want others, I would say any nationally known reporter on PBS, NBC, CBS, or ABC.
Any?

You have to be kidding. How many times were we treated to the spectacle of softball interviews with Obama?

Find me an example of one of these reporters that who was hard on a liberal or progressive elected official? Maybe the guy who makes Cuomo mad every time he asks Cuomo about that order? If not Wallace, that would be the kind of reporter I’d like to see interview Biden.

If we are going to root for Trump getting the tough questions as many have delighted in, then there is no reason at all to withhold Biden from that treatment. Is there?
George Stephanopoulos is still a spokesman for the Democrats, but maybe he doesn’t count. He’s a commentator, not a reporter or journalist.
 
Why is some other reporter being tough on Biden so bad?
Because we all know the standards are different. I would like to see Biden sit for an interview with Wallace. It will never happen but I’d like to see it.
 
Because we all know the standards are different. I would like to see Biden sit for an interview with Wallace. It will never happen but I’d like to see it.
You never know. I was surprised that one time when Bill O’reilly was called upon to interview Obama.
 
Excuses, excuses. I am waiting now for how the debates will be stopped.
 
Well, it would be interesting to have Chris Wallace because hopefully his questioning style would be the same for both interviews. Much better having the same person interview both candidates for comparison that two different styled interviews.
 
Last edited:
I doubt that is happening. I’d be surprised if Biden showed up for a tough interview.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top