Q
QuickCat
Guest
Grace and Peace to you, my friend.
QC
QC
As an observer of your dialogue with tib on this thread, I was hoping for a more elaborate response to her last post.Grace and Peace to you, my friend.
QC
As was I… (though I’m a he.As an observer of your dialogue with tib on this thread, I was hoping for a more elaborate response to her last post.
It’s not a question of whether the Bible teaches Truth, Cat. That is a fact that we all take for granted because we believe that the Holy Spirit inspired its authors and thus protected it from containing any error. But that’s not the same as saying we have assurance of Truth.I don’t recall EVER saying that I have “NO ASSURANCE” of truth. That is not the case at all. Note the following:
You quoted Paul, believing him to be saying something clear and incontrovertible - I dare say infallible - but, did you read it in Greek? Do you even read Greek? You’ve quoted Strong’s concordance and put Strong’s numbers in among your quotation of various verses, but this one, in particular, is actually quite fascinating if you look at the Greek itself. The translation given here, while a good, plausible one, is not actually the most accurate. If you look, word by word, at what Paul actually says here, it comes out to “I know in whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which has been committed to her against that day.” Now, given the fact that Paul doesn’t mention any women in the immediate context, this is a very perplexing statement. So, most Bible translators (especially Protestant ones) render it as you have, assuming that Paul is the one who’s committed “that” (whatever “that” is) to someone, and that God (“Him”) is the one to whom it has been entrusted. But, even that act of translation is an act of interpretation, and that interpretation is based on personal assumptions based on theological constructs.
- I know in whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him – 2 Tim. 1:12
I agree with absolutely everything the Bible says… I just don’t necessarily agree with how you interpret it.I pray that you can agree with every one of these Biblical truths.
Grace and Peace,
QC
Those quotations do not refute infallibility. They refute impeccability. Quite a difference. God has been using sinners all throughout salvation history to infallibly transmit His message to all peoples. The leaders of the Catholic Church are no different than the sinful prophets in that regard.Infallible truths? You want infallible truths? I have given you so many - here are a few more:
ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
There is none righteous, NO NOT ONE!
The [human] heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked.
We ALL need a Savior!
Our Lord Jesus Christ is THE ONE and ONLY SAVIOR!
Believe on the LORD Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.
The gospel by which YOU and I are saved is found in 1 Cor. 15:1-4.
Our LORD Jesus Christ is the ONE mediator between man and God. He [the LORD Jesus Christ] gave Himself a “Ransom for ALL, TO BE TESTIFIED IN DUE TIME.”
Yes, QC, is seems, as SteveGC pointed out, that we’re again seeing the disparity between the incontrovertible Truth of the Word of God and the profound fallibility of, well, you. You read, “all have sinned,” and, instead of understanding that it means people have done wrong, believe it to mean, “all believed false things,” which is not the same thing at all!
Just where did you think I said “all believed false things.” Come on, please stop misquoting and adding to my words.
QC, I’m profoundly sorry and hope you’ll forgive me for assuming that you were attempting to say something relevant to my challenge to face the logical reality of your own belief in universal fallibility. Clearly, I was wildly mistaken. I said that, if we have any hope of actually knowing the complete Truth as God clearly wants us to, then we must have some trustworthy infallible interpreting authority, and in response you cited Paul quoting a Psalm that says, “all have sinned.” I wholeheartedly apologize for presuming that your thought that verse was relevant to the discussion when in fact it was entirely non-sequitur. My mistake. Just to clarify, so I don’t make this mistake again, please tell me whether your next remarks are to be taken as relevant to the discussion or not…Just where did you think I said “all believed false things.” Come on, please stop misquoting and adding to my words.
Hi, you said this also in post #27,you are forced into a “spiritualization” of Scripture that is strictly un-Biblical.
My friend: I cite “no religion” because I consider “religion” to be Satan’s ace in the hole to counter the plan of God. I am a mature believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and fully depend on His wonderfully efficacious death, burial and resurrection. I am “complete in Him” [Col. 2:10] and it is a total completeness [pleroo]. I don’t believe that Biblical Christianity is a religion in any sense. It is a relationship, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved…” [Acts 16:31]. Religion = DO, Biblical Christianity = DONE! When you are doing you are not DONE, when you are DONE you are not DOing. Paul is the ONLY writer to even mention the “Body of Christ” as being the church of this dispensation. Peter, etal had to learn about the Body of Christ from Paul. The church was a “mystery” revealed first to Paul [Ephesians 3:1-9; Colossians 1:25-27; Romans 16:25] Peter and the 12 were ministers to the circumcision while Paul was the min ister to the uncircumcision. BTW, Peter, James and John as spokesmen for the twelve agreed to continue their ministry to the Jews while Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles [Gal. 2:8,9].
Don J. [1 Cor. 15:1-4; Ephesians 1:13; Colossians 2:10]