CNN is dying.

  • Thread starter Thread starter WKW_69
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
She IS easy on the eyes, isn’t she? Not hot enough to get me to watch, though. 😦
I never heard of her before, so I looked her up. If I watched I would be placing myself in the near occasion of the sin of adultery.
 
I have a long commute and listen to satellite radio. For news I switch between CNN, FOX, and MSNBC. MSNBC is unabashedly liberal and becoming more radical. FOX is tunnel visioned conservative, but won’t admit it. CNN is the only one that delivers basic news without such extreme biases.

Of the three, I prefer “Morning Joe” on MSNBC. He’s a Catholic-friendly conservative Christian.
 
I’ve went through several news website that I frequent. I went to BBC for awhile. It was a good news source except that it has a tendency to be flat. Then I went to Al Jazeera English for awhile. It was good except that it has a disproportionate passive obsession with the United States. Then I went to CNN. It was good except that I increasingly noticed passive pro-liberalism inserted into so many articles that pop up. Then I switched to FOX. For all the flak that it takes, it was the least disappointing of them except for maybe BBC, and I think they’ve earned being by far the most watched news source, but occasionally their website does have the flavor of a militant underground base of operations. A small cup of castor oil in the early morning would be helpful.

None of the news sites are bad on the surface; these are all trends that I became sensitive towards after visiting them daily for many months.

I don’t currently follow the news very closely, but I might get back into it. Other than really big headlines, I find myself more attracted to magazines with an assortment of contemporary articles on certain topics (Forbes, Time, etc.). They’re not crafted on-demand minute-per-minute and there is a lot more intellectual manpower put into their creation, so its an overall far more quality reading experience.
 
Hopefully what ever they are dying from will spread the same terminal events to FOX!
That’s not going to happen anytime soon. Fox is the highest rates news channel in the country. I wonder why that is?
 
I can’t stand CNN, CNBC, MSNBC or FOX News. CNN used to be good back in the day, but now all these channels do is sensationalize the news. Even the local news programs do it (in Philly, I think FOX sensationalizes the most).

I miss the time when journalist we objective and simply reported the news. No opinion polls, no extreme liberals vs. extreme conservatives arguing on TV. Just plain, vanilla facts. All these knuckleheads on TV (and secular radio) think they are on Sports Center (which I can still remember when they didn’t sensationalize the sports news either).

God Bless.
 
That’s not going to happen anytime soon. Fox is the highest rates news channel in the country. I wonder why that is?
because political liberals can watch CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, read the Washington Post, New York Times, etc.

political conservatives have FOX News or Christian/Catholic TV.

But as I stated before, I dislike all of these news channels.

God Bless.
 
I never heard of her before, so I looked her up. If I watched I would be placing myself in the near occasion of the sin of adultery.
It’s funny, just last night I asked my husband why female newscasters need to be so attractive (with the help of sleeveless tops and plastic surgery) and the men can look like heck.

It really bugs me. I guess on the bright side, it keeps me from a near occasion of sin. 🙂
 
Indeed. Shirtless bodybuilders wearing white bow-tie collars with a banner in the background that reads “I love to vacuum” would be quite a problem. Maybe the news corporations haven’t quite caught on yet.
 
Indeed. Shirtless bodybuilders wearing white bow-tie collars with a banner in the background that reads “I love to vacuum” would be quite a problem. Maybe the news corporations haven’t quite caught on yet.
In more ways than one. :eek:
 
Indeed. Shirtless bodybuilders wearing white bow-tie collars with a banner in the background that reads “I love to vacuum” would be quite a problem. Maybe the news corporations haven’t quite caught on yet.
Very funny! However, you must add “I love to COOK and vacuum.” 😛

I would be tuning in often and encouraging my husband to do so as well.
Frankly, I could care less about the body-building physique part but a man who cooks and vacuums is almost irresistible!
 
Very funny! However, you must add “I love to COOK and vacuum.” 😛
I do love to cook. Vacuuming – not so much. But then, I’m a long way from being a body-builder 😛

Back on the subject of Robin Meade, she is married, dresses smartly but modestly, projects a wholesome image, loves NASCAR, and supports the military and veterans. She’s not just another pretty face.
 
I do love to cook. Vacuuming – not so much. But then, I’m a long way from being a body-builder 😛

Back on the subject of Robin Meade, she is married, dresses smartly but modestly, projects a wholesome image, loves NASCAR, and supports the military and veterans. She’s not just another pretty face.
Cooking and vacuuming are far more important than body building any day of the week! 😃

I will have to look her up - I have not heard of her.

Glad to her she is wholesome and beautiful! And to think she loves NASCAR…now that is a well-rounded woman. 😉
 
I just looked her up. Actually, her best feature is that she is petite (they say 5’ 2").

As a fellow petite gal, I say 👍
 
That’s not going to happen anytime soon. Fox is the highest rates news channel in the country. I wonder why that is?
Because people are stupid?..but seriously, don’t get me wrong, my point is that neither CNN nor Fox are particularly “newsy”…it’s a couple hours of real news at best followed by reruns of talking democratic and republican operatives (hannity, cooper, orielly, blitzer) every four hours…anyone concluding that either network is a News outlet is a fool!
 
Because people are stupid?..but seriously, don’t get me wrong, my point is that neither CNN nor Fox are particularly “newsy”…it’s a couple hours of real news at best followed by reruns of talking democratic and republican operatives (hannity, cooper, oriel lay, blitzed) every four hours…anyone concluding that either network is a News outlet is a fool!
There are young people who think Jon Stewart is a news outlet. We’ve come a long way…
 
There are young people who think Jon Stewart is a news outlet. We’ve come a long way…
Sadly this is true. I can’t put too much blame on young people though. They probably are just as informed as if they watched Fox, MSNBC or CNN but at least Stewart reminds viewers how hypocrisy, sensationalism and opinion rule the big “news” networks. I actually think CNN’s failure is they aren’t as good at blaming and scapegoating as Fox and MSNBC.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top