O
on_the_hill
Guest
I prefer to get my news from “Inside Edition.”There are young people who think Jon Stewart is a news outlet. We’ve come a long way…
I prefer to get my news from “Inside Edition.”There are young people who think Jon Stewart is a news outlet. We’ve come a long way…
Is that still on???I prefer to get my news from “Inside Edition.”
That of course would be MSNBC. On the other extreme would be Fox News.Thank God for that. Maybe someone will come in to replace them who actually, I dunno, reports the news, rather than being a public relations firm the liberals.
Every liberal I know under the age of 50 believes his show is an actual news program. About one third of them also believe that any story from the Onion that covers Republicans/conservative issues is actual news, and that only the other stories are satire (you can’t imagine how much I pray this weren’t true). And just to keep things fair, at least a quarter of my conservative friends have one or more conspiracy websites they view as genuine news (again, something I pray weren’t true).There are young people who think Jon Stewart is a news outlet. We’ve come a long way…
I’m trying to figure out why you put projects a wholesome image and dresses smartly but modestly in the same category as is married, loves NASCAR and supports the military and veterans.I do love to cook. Vacuuming – not so much. But then, I’m a long way from being a body-builder
Back on the subject of Robin Meade, she is married, dresses smartly but modestly, projects a wholesome image, loves NASCAR, and supports the military and veterans. She’s not just another pretty face.
To some degree, I actually like Stewart’s style. Far better than that ****** version of Jon Stewart that FOX tried to do awhile back. I’m not saying that to hate on FOX either, their version(s) really and truly have been awful. I don’t agree with Stewart’s politics but I enjoy the satire, it’s funny how ridiculous they can make people look at times. And while I generally wouldn’t encourage making fun of people, I see this as a bit different because if you have politicians and news anchors saying stupid or illogical things then that’s a lot more dangerous than random people doing it.Every liberal I know under the age of 50 believes his show is an actual news program. About one third of them also believe that any story from the Onion that covers Republicans/conservative issues is actual news, and that only the other stories are satire (you can’t imagine how much I pray this weren’t true). And just to keep things fair, at least a quarter of my conservative friends have one or more conspiracy websites they view as genuine news (again, something I pray weren’t true).
As far as the mainstream news outlets go, I read multiple reports over the years from allegedly objective organizations that ranked Fox News (the actual news reporting) as the most accurate and balanced out there. CNN ranked low at the time and seems to now be just slightly better than a tabloid or Democrat newsletter.
As someone who is neither conservative nor liberal, I don’t believe I detect a difference between the coverage on FOX vs. CNN or MSNBC. I do prefer to watch FOX but only because I find it more entertaining and somehow or other it comes off as less whiny and smarmy than CNN or MSNBC. Just my .02.Interestingly, the liberals I know watch a lot more Fox News than my conservative friends, although they only watch the non-news programs. Unfortunately, they still get all their “news” from CNN, Jon Stewart, Facebook, Twitter, the Onion, etc.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:I can’t stand CNN, CNBC, MSNBC or FOX News. CNN used to be good back in the day, but now all these channels do is sensationalize the news. Even the local news programs do it (in Philly, I think FOX sensationalizes the most).
I miss the time when journalist we objective and simply reported the news. No opinion polls, no extreme liberals vs. extreme conservatives arguing on TV. Just plain, vanilla facts. All these knuckleheads on TV (and secular radio) think they are on Sports Center (which I can still remember when they didn’t sensationalize the sports news either).
God Bless.
It’s just a series of descriptors. Don’t get yourself in a knot about it.I’m trying to figure out why you put projects a wholesome image and dresses smartly but modestly in the same category as is married, loves NASCAR and supports the military and veterans.
snip
You are entitled to your opinion.Okaaay. I don’t see anything funny about that, really.
Believe it or not.Is that still on???
I’m upset that Steven Colbert, a *Catholic *, delivers news in a manner that seems to mock Conservatives.There are young people who think Jon Stewart is a news outlet. We’ve come a long way…
You need to realize that Colbert is a comedy show and not remotely to be considered a straight news program. It even appears on the Comedy Channel.I’m upset that Steven Colbert, a *Catholic *, delivers news in a manner that seems to mock Conservatives.
Buurrnn!!Who majored in “creative writing” or “theater”?
I suggests WSJ as a potential newspaper “gift” on one site, when the OP asked what subscription should she get for her boyfriend. Many of the responders said NYT and other left-leaning papers. Once I mentioned WSJ I was basically met with disapproval due to its more conservative reporting. The OP then accused me of being “political.” This was on a men’s fashion site so go figure.Agree with Lax here. Worked overseas in a former European colony that went Marxist while I was there, and the report of the WSJ was most objective and balanced, and mostly devoid of any ideology. I would say the WSJ is based on free market.
It’s highly unlikely that MSNBC is going away anytime soon. It’s a cash cow for parent company NBC since it’s production costs are so cheap compared to CNN, ABC, Fox News Channel and CBS.Praise the Lord. CNN, MSNBC, CBS, even print magazines and newspapers like Time who for years had a monopoly on the news is dying a slow death.