Cohabitation/Near occasion of sin

• Thread starter Thread starter Kyle2253
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So then you agree. Bad idea to co-habituate, the occasion of sin is high, and most likely the romantic couple ends up in bed together.

Possible but not likely is not the phrasing you used in that post. You did eventually agree with me that it is possible so why are you still at it?

Yes, again, we agree—-it is possible, but as you agreed, not likely. so the point is: Cohabitation: bad idea.
It’s possible for the young lady and the young man to put padlocks on their doors and to have a strict rule not to watch movies or snuggle together with her sweetheart after dark, and by all men[and no adult beverages in the house. But in reality, moods can change, and having the occasion, all bets are off.

Last edited:
Yes, again, we agree—-it is possible, but as you agreed, not likely. so the point is:
That may be your point but I never said one word either for or against it being a good idea.
It’s possible for the young lady and the young man to put padlocks
Wow, look at those goalposts gallop!!!
But in reality, moods can change, and having the occasion, all bets are off.
Bye. You apparently won’t stop trying to “trick” me into saying I said something I didn’t or agreeing with something I don’t rather than just taking what I actually do say at face value and letting it be, so welcome to the Ignore bucket.

Moral of the story: Don’t be naive. Human nature is human nature, thus the constant need to avoid the nearest occasions of sin.

It’s only a matter of time both will end up in the same bed.
:roll_eyes:

been there, didn’t do that.

Trust me, there is nothing “sexy” or “tempting” about sharing living quarters with someone with whom there is no mutual attraction.

Been there, done that, washed our own tshirts.

We even generally ran in the same social circle as law students.

It was about the cost of rent, nothing more, nothing less.

Trust me, there is nothing “sexy” or “tempting” about sharing living quarters with someone with whom there is no mutual attraction.
Read the thread, it’s about a romantically dating couple living under the same roof.

It can be considered under the name of giving scandal. By having the appearance of living in sin you could be giving the impression to other reasonable people that you are in sin. There is an exception to this in that if your age and social conditions are so different that a normal person wouldn’t ordinarily come to that conclusion. There was a case in the Notre Dame Archives were a certain priest was living with a certain free woman of color and her children. This caused a lot of talk. Even though the priest swore that nothing improper had happened he was still forced to dismiss her.

The staff apologist’s at Catholic Answers have addressed this question in the past:
40.png
What is the Church's teaching on cohabitation? Ask an Apologist
What is the Church’s stance on cohabitation? Is it sinful or immoral per se? What if the a man and his girlfriend did not have any sexual relationship for the entire period of cohabitation? Can you give me some good articles on this particular topic? Thanks
40.png
Can I sleep over at my boyfriend's house? Ask an Apologist
My boyfriend is long-distance. He lives three hours away by car to the north of my home. We have been dating 3–4 months and have been blessed so far to be able to meet each other at middle points and spend days together on the weekends. Other times, he has come to see me and stayed in a hotel overnight and I have done the same going to visit him. This arrangement is starting to get expensive. We are both committed to celibacy before marriage and don’t know as yet if it is God’s will for us to b…
40.png
Is it a sin to let an unmarried couple sleep together in our home? Ask an Apologist
We are expecting an unmarried couple to be guests in our home for about a week. Although we will not ask them and they will not volunteer information to us, we will assume they will exercise their relationship beyond “brother and sister.” What is our responsibility in this matter? Shall we ask them to sleep in separate rooms? Should we insist if they are to be our guest? If we allow it – although not witnessing any act but “knowing” it may occur – will we sin?
40.png
Should I help my sister move in with her boyfriend? Ask an Apologist
I have been asked to help my sister and her daughter move in with her boyfriend this weekend. We already have a strained relationship and I am one of the only positive influences in her life, so I don’t want to cause a bigger rift, but I am worried that helping her move could be cooperating in evil. Our dad is the one who asked me and he is helping too, but he is not in good physical shape and I don’t want him to do more than he should. Would helping my sister move be cooperating in her sin of …

Then there’s the difference between the male and the female sex drive; a young woman may not intend to have jump in bed with her boyfriend living under her same roof; but for a young man, the drive is overwhelming when the feeling arises
Really? These just sound like lazy and ill- informed stereotypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back