Colin Kaepernick delivers poignant speech after accepting humanitarian award

• Thread starter Thread starter RootKitWarrior
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Viewership has been trending down since 2010 (sorry I don’t know how to post the chart).

Viewership has been trending down since 2010 (sorry I don’t know how to post the chart).
Viewership is relative. The Nielsen Family is comprised of 25K households. Take the last last value up above above of 16.5 million. They do a GUESSAMATION to derive the 16.5 million. They take the percentage of the number of persons in Nielsen Family that tuned in to the games and multiply that by 65% currently known United States population. 65% is the determined percentage of those of viewing age and those that actually watch TV.

They pull in the data. 7.74% of the Nielsen Family watch the NFL games. 328 M x 65% x 7.74% Yields 16.5 M.

So personally I don’t take much stock in viewership numbers given that the numbers are based on 25K households all across the United States.

In Summary the Nielsen Ratings are OVERRATED.

You can take any show calculate backwards and determine the percentage of the Nielsen family that viewed any given show if you know the rating in Millions.

Last edited:
In Summary the Nielsen Ratings are OVERRATED.
I agree that ratings are overrated (no pun intended), however it is the standard for determining viewership. Rating are on the decline because people are turned off by the politicizing of sports.

Last edited:
Rating are on the decline because people are turned off by the politicizing of sports
take a look at the graph again.

Colin took the knee Sep 1 2016. Viewership declined for 2 years. Then it has increased the next 2 years.
Then 10 year average is 16.87 Million.

. . . . Most folks don’t even know what Kaepernick protests.

Last edited:
meh… need to take streaming into account which the numbers don’t.

Most people don’t realize Colin knows nothing of racial injustice. Raised by a loving white two parent family, he enjoyed economic security and a good education. His skills on the field were nourished by his family and he was instantly the popular person in most settings and places he lived. Going to college for free, he played at Nevada, being the celebrity of Reno where he never had to worry about being “pulled over” in a dangerous situation. Starting here, the police were actually employed to protect him during practices, travel and games. Then he was given a job making more than all the CA posters combined.
Yeah, he’s the spokesman for injustice alright. . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back